Thread: Sat fat confusion page

jackson44 is offline Senior Member

Sat fat confusion

Hello All - I know it is safe to eat sat fat, but why is it bad when the body converts sat fat out of carbs. Isn't this converted sat fat the same as the dietry sat fat that we eat?

Confused!

Thanks
    Jack

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Newsflash: You are made out of meat.

Yes, your saturated fat is the same as the best kind of saturated fat you can eat. This is why a vegan diet is so healthy at first. You are consuming the best meat and fat you possible can.

The thing is, when your body creates the fat, it creates it for storage. So to consume it, you must liberate it from storage.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson44 View Post
    Hello All - I know it is safe to eat sat fat, but why is it bad when the body converts sat fat out of carbs. Isn't this converted sat fat the same as the dietry sat fat that we eat?

Confused!

Thanks
    Jack
    I think you've slightly misunderstood what is meant by 'bad'. It is normal for excess carbs to be stored as body fat. People who are overweight often feel this is bad. It is the storage of excess weight that is the problem, not the fact that the body stores saturated fat.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks you two for responding back to me. I really appreciate it.

Question - is the problem with the storage, comes along with LDL too? Also, what confuses me is that is the carbs converted to fat or trygle? Or is sat fat part of trig?

Thanks you all!