Thread: Primal and ADHD? page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Has anyone on here who has ADHD noticed how going primal has effected you? Part of what drew me to the primal lifestyle is that I feel like a hunter in a farmer's world (to steal a phrase from Thomm Hartman)

Jasetyn is offline Junior Member

I don't personally have ADHD, but I have done extensive research on the topic for my nephew, and as an autism spectrum disorder, any DAN! doctor you speak to would highly reccommend not only a total elimination of casein and gluten, but a much lower sugar intake overall, as well as elimination of additives, colorings etc. Primal can encompass all of this, but I understand that doesn't directly answer your question. Peace!

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

I have never been diagnosed with ADHD but I am sure had I been born 3 or 4 years later I would have been... I truly believe my focus has skyrocketed since this... to be completely honest. It is only one of MANY amazing results I have had since becoming Primal and I am so grateful for each and every one of them.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Tarlach is offline Member

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

My ability to focus has actually dropped noticeably. I used to self-medicate the my ADD with caffiene. Since cutting out the sodas has dramatically decreased my caffeine intake I'm looking at getting medication. That being said I never had a hyperactive component to my ADD.

PookDo is offline Senior Member

That article was very interesting.I will see how going primal effects my moods and activity level

vonterschpe Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I just noticed this yesterday! I took an entire exam in college and realized afterwards that i hadn't taken my meds to help me focus. it was way weird...