Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow transition to primal? page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I admit whenever I eat stricly primal I feel great but then after a few days I give in to sugar,caffine, or carb addictions and fall off hard core.The flip side is,is that if I don't eat primal I feel like total crap,get really bad stomach aches,and my anxiety goes through the roof.I feel primal is something I need to do for my health and sanity.Does anyone have any idea how to progress with this in such a way that I don't falter?

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

Do it for a couple of months in willpower. You will get used with it and wont even consider to go back ever. That's how I feel...

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member

Baby steps for me. My first step was to start cooking my own meals, which might include anything. Then I stopped eating sugar. Those two changes were enough for me to drop a lot of weight.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

anniegebel Guest

If possible, and if you want to go cold turkey, get the non-Primal stuff out of your house. Then you don't have the temptations, at least at your own home.

Also when you do slip up, don't beat yourself over it.What's that Mark says? Something like "don't let perfection get in the way of good."

Darthash is offline Senior Member

I dropped sugar, then grains, but have kept caffiene, but i may drop that in a few months. but not for a while yet haha..

schadowrider is offline Senior Member

In my experience, it takes a bit of experimenting to see what works and doesn't -- we're all different. And like anniegebel says, "don't beat yourself over it": see everything as a learning experience and make adjustments as you go along. For myself, I've learned cold turkey works best for me -- I can't have just a little bread or a little pastry; I have to have a lot! It's definitely easier for me to just say no to it completely.

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Thank's for the replies.For me all of it makes sense on an intellectual level it's just admitting it on the emotional side.Once I get over the belief that I am missing something this will be easy

Legerity is offline Junior Member

I'm new to the journey myself, but I found that one change at a time can be a very effective way. Coffee, sugar, grains, processed foods, etc., are all very big changes and can each require a lot of determination.

Try to focus on the positive that you are able to achieve and not beat yourself up with anything you consider to be "bad".

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I transitioned into Primal over a 2-year span. It started before I knew what being Primal was. I was listening to the CW way of getting healthy.

First, I cut out sugars & HFCS.

Then I cut out "white" foods- white grains, rice, potatoes, etc.

Then I reduced my whole grains to a few times a week.

After that I only ate them as a treat.

Eventually I cut grains out completely.

Finally I cut most dairy- still eating cheeses and butter.

anniegebel Guest

Another piece of the puzzle is that Primal living is more than the diet. If you focus on some of the other highlights, maybe that'll take the pressure off of eating right and it'll happen more naturally. Are you sleeping well, following the workout guidelines...that sort of thing? I find when I go to bed later than normal it's harder to control my old habits. When I'm well rested I don't even think about it.

Just a thought I had this morning...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast