Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow transition to primal? page 2

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Being strict for a couple of weeks might help to ween yourself off the junk. Maybe making sure that you are eating primal food that you really like so that you don't feel you are missing out.

Somehow you have to make that mental leap that this is a lifestyle change not just a diet.

I imagine once you are over the worst it gets easier.

Sophia Guest

Before you're used to your new way of life I would suggest staying away from places where you used to go before and behave un-primally.

Such as the pub maybe. Don't go there until you know you can have one glass of wine, or two and be happy with that.

Or to a coffee shop with a friend where you have all those sweets on display. Suggest going for a slow walk instead, maybe buy the coffee and bring it with you if needed.

I am going to try to stay away from places that will try to lure me back to my old ways, at least until I am a few weeks in and know I have better control over my mind and body.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member

I've found it's easier to make small changes a little bit at a time and give those changes time to become habit. With regards to diet, I first just kept carbs under 200g a day...then under 150....then under 100. By doing that, I had to slowly eliminate things like sugar and grains just to accomplish my carb goal! Grains went first, then sugar...and because I didn't just "one fell swoop" eliminate a bunch of stuff from my diet, I don't really feel like anything is "missing."

And, of course, you can't beat yourself up over choices to deviate from primal...you just move on and keep striving for 100%, but realize that life happens and 80/20 is pretty d@mn good!

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

PookDo is offline Senior Member

I'm going to go cold turkey I think.I have to expect that something having takes some work and the effort is worth the pay off as the cliche goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12