Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consuming Olive Oil page

XGrains is offline Member

Consuming Olive Oil

Shop Now
    How can I get more olive oil in my diet other than on salads? I used to toast Ezekial Bread and dip it in EVOO. Now that I'm not consuming any bread, I'm finding it difficult to consume olive oil.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Pan frying, salads, sauces (mayo, tomato sauce, aioli, pesto, hummus...). coating..

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    i use it to saute shrimp, bake chicken, bake kale, and on salads.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    knock it back neat.

JHen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    knock it back neat.
    Yeah that's what I was going to say. When I eat a large meal I'll throw down a good swig of vinegar. If you want more olive oil, just drink the shit lol.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    why do you need more olive oil, specifically, in your diet? add what you need for flavor, but it's not the ideal fat to just increase for the sake of increasing.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Right, I'm having the same trouble Jakey is having. Why would you want to add olive oil for the sake of adding olive oil? Let's not forget, olive oil is still by definition a processed food. It is NOT a whole food, and while it's not something awful like wheat flour or white sugar by any means, it's basically empty calories that contribute little to nothing for overall health but will make it considerably more difficult for you to lose weight. Weight loss by definition requires a deficit of energy, and if you're just pouring on calories for no good reason...you're making it that much harder to succeed.

Oils are tools to simply wet a pan. A single 8oz bar of Kerrygold will easily last me a month and I do 80% of my cooking in butter with a little olive oil and coconut oil tossed in there.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

BlissfuWriter is offline Junior Member
    The best thing to do is drop some olives into your plate on most meals. The olives has the olive oil and plus more. By the way, do not fry olive oil -- unless it is very low heat and very quick. Otherwise the oil will get damaged and turn bad for health.

Baba is offline Member
    Make
    pesto
    salsa verde
    baba ghanoush (creamed aubergines)
    brandade (creamed salt cod)

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    why do you need more olive oil, specifically, in your diet? add what you need for flavor, but it's not the ideal fat to just increase for the sake of increasing.
    Rather that than huge amounts of animal fat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast