Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor's visit results page 2

freds4 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, the Doctor mentioned the glucose, he said the max should be 99 but was not worried about it.
    The ALB normal range is 3.4 to 4.8 and the AST normal range is 10 to 30
    The Doctor didn't even mention these numbers.

freds4 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    MX is certainly not the sport for you in that case, it used to take me 3 days to get over a race day such was the intensity!

That's true and I have been hard-headed because I love racing but I am giving it up for sure. I am SO tired of......well...being tired :-)

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freds4 View Post
    Well, I began my Primal journey in an attempt to lower my hereditary high cholesterol in order to prevent going on medication, as recommended by my Doctor. A previous attempt had me eating a vegetarian diet for 11 months after which I not only felt terrible, but hardly changed my numbers at all. On that day I went back to my "normal", "healthy", high-carb diet.
    One day a co-worker that was into Crossfit suggested I try a Paleo diet (Which I had never heard of) and a bit of internet searching led me to Mark's website. Not being one to "ease into" things, I decided to jump in with both feet and went for two weeks on an extremely strict Paleo diet. The results were so positive that I went out and bought some cookbooks and began my Primal lifestyle in earnest and by the time 4 weeks had passed I had lost 19 pounds, was sleeping much less with twice as much energy, my skin looked and felt healthier and I was just generally so happy that I felt I was bursting with joy. By this time I didn't care if my lipid panel had improved or not, I knew I was never going back.
    Fast-forward 6 months, today I got by blood test results and my bad LDL was 20 points lower, my good HDL was 20 points higher, my Triglycerides were 34 points lower and my overall number was 7 points lower.
    Chol - 230, previous 237
    HDL - 72, previous 52
    CLDL - 143, previous 163
    TRIG - 74, previous 108

My Doctor seemed puzzled when I told him what I was doing differently but he congratulated me and told me to keep it up. There is no more talk of medications.
    As a side-note, two years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue Syndrome and it is worsened with exercise, so this was accomplished with almost no regular exercise at all. I can only imagine how much better it would be if I was able to incorporate an exercise program.
    Whoever told you that "hereditary high cholestrol" was an issue for you was blowing smoke up your ass. Hereditary High cholesterol is considered a factor with total levels over 350 and absent known contributing risk fators, not in the 230's.
    Heck, my total has gotten as high as 303 but my ratios are fantastic and particle size testing has confirmed over 90% of my LDL is light fluffy (pattern A), the good kind. Your numbers look fine, don't get worked up over nothing.

freds4 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Whoever told you that "hereditary high cholestrol" was an issue for you was blowing smoke up your ass. Hereditary High cholesterol is considered a factor with total levels over 350 and absent known contributing risk fators, not in the 230's.
    Heck, my total has gotten as high as 303 but my ratios are fantastic and particle size testing has confirmed over 90% of my LDL is light fluffy (pattern A), the good kind. Your numbers look fine, don't get worked up over nothing.

Good info. I am not getting worked up over nothing, what I failed to mention is that every male on both sides of my family has died of a heart attack prior to the age of 70. Of course there were other factors in play (Smoking, stress, horrible diets, etc) but I am bound and determined to make it well beyond 70 years old.....or die trying. ;-) Besides, thinking I had to lower hereditary high cholesterol let me to a Primal lifestyle, so that's a good thing! :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12