Thread: Send me your favorite yoghurt recipie please! page

EvansMom is offline Senior Member

Send me your favorite yoghurt recipie please!

Primal Fuel
    Found out I can do cheese and yoghurt and sour cream now after a year of not being able to eat dairy. Its been a LONG HAUL and very difficult. My life is so much easier now!!!!!!

However, I cannot do milk (yet or maybe ever or cream). So....

In need of some favorite yoghurt recipies. Jot one down for me, if you would. Its great to be back in the land of the dairy-eaters.

Looking esp. for yoghurt freezer pops if you have one w/fruit or something.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    I like to make a kinda-tzaziki salad dressing with mine:

2:1 ratio of yogurt to homemade olive oil mayo, few leaves of minced fresh mint and parsley, salt, pepper, stir, pour over salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, what have you.

Really good when you mix in some chunked avocado. Kind of emulates creamy feta cheese. Even better if you can add some actual cheese.

I've been making my own yogurt lately. Not hard, saves money, ingredients get controlled, win-win.

Heat 1 gallon of milk to 180 degrees.
    Let cool to 110 degrees.
    Add 1 cup yogurt, stir well, put a lid on the pot, and pop in an oven overnight with a pilot light.
    In the morning, take out, strain with a clean towel (there will be a lot of whey), and put away in the fridge (I store it in wide-mouthed quart jars).

If your oven isn't warm, you can wrap the pot in towels (to insulate) and turn on the oven light. But I don't know how well that would work.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    For breakfast: 200 g goat's yogurt with ~25 g of raw cocoa powder mixed in, plus 2 teaspoons of honey and a sliced banana.

Smoked mackerel pate: 200 g smoked mackerel fillets, with skin removed, mashed with a fork with ~50 g yoghurt, freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste (about half a lemon), and black pepper to taste. Refrigerate for a few hours to set and serve with wedges of cucumber to dip in. Very quick and easy to make.

Tatziki: 200 g yoghurt, 7-10 fresh mint leaves torn into small pieces, ~70 g cucumber cut into small cubes, 1 small clove of raw garlic finely chopped, plus a glug of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Serve as a dip with carrot and cucumber sticks and slices of raw bell pepper. It also works well as an accompaniment to seared fish fillets (tuna, swordfish, salmon) and a side salad.

Guacamole: 2 avocados mashed with ~70 g yogurt, the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon, 2 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped, 1 peeled and seeded tomato finely chopped, a dash of Tabasco sauce (or 1-2 finely chopped fresh chillis), a cup of finely chopped cilantro leaves, plus salt and black pepper to taste.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.