Thread: Going primal without gall bladder???? page

Angelique is offline Member

Going primal without gall bladder????

Shop Now
    Should this be a problem?

mrs_trudo is offline Junior Member
    Depends. I am gallbaldderless thanks to stupid pregnancy hormones. I've never had digestive problems afterward though no matter what type of diet I am eating. Depends on your body's sensitivity. Doesn't hurt to try!

activia is offline Senior Member
    Read this:
    How to Enjoy Bacon without a Gallbladder | Paleo Parents

It's totally doable, and actually you will be better off.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

I had my gall bladder out while "low carbing" (Atkins very similar to Primal). Never had an issues except right before the last attack and a few months afterward where my trigger foods (any processed pork, nuts) bothered me for a bit. Was able to go back to my normal high fat, low carb eating. and eat my trigger foods again and still can, no issues.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I have no gall bladder and never even considered it an issue to going primal, and nearly 3 months in I feel some much better than before. I had problems with never being full and lethagy after having Gall bladder removed and that's totally solved being primal too
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

patski is offline Senior Member
    I was gassy and bloated as all hell for months after having my gallbladder removed, and still eating mostly primal.

I bought digestive enzymes and took them with every meal. It made a huge difference. Eventually, I stopped using them.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.