Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: INSANITY Workouts & Primal Nutrition page

27ko Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey Guys --

I've been Primal for 2 weeks now and am LOVING IT!!! I've done 2 rounds of P90X, then had a herniated disc back injury and am now doing Insanity (after 3 weeks of back recovery, 1 month of hybrid P90X/1-on-1 workouts). I'm on my first week of Insanity and was wondering if anyone has tried Primal nutrition while on the Insanity workouts

Zophie is offline Senior Member

I do Insanity. I think it fits right in with being primal. The workouts are short and fun.

fleet_fox is offline Junior Member

How'd you progress with your P90X rounds?

27ko Guest

Zophie -- did you have to increase you carbs from the 100-150 range to 200-ish? What are you macronutrient ratios like?

fleet_fox -- I loved it. I was a ridiculous chronic cardio person before, so the first round was really about building strength & lean muscle, and the 2nd round was about killing it and really going for mass (started using weighted vest, etc). Now I'm doing INSANITY to try to get my body-fat under 10%. And I'm hoping PRIMAL takes me there too!

Zophie is offline Senior Member

I think every body is a bit different. I found that for me keeping my carbs around 100 is best. I did have to up my fat though. I have even gone so far as to eat coconut oil right out of the jar. =)

Good luck with your goal! If you do what Mark says I know you will get there.

27ko Guest

Hmmm... Interesting Zoe. I currently am taking FastTwitch pre-workout (15g carb / 0 g sugar), 1 scoop Vitargo during my workout (35g carb), and a post-workout drink that has 16g carb. That's pretty much my only non-natural food. Rest of the day is Big Ass Salads, Brussels sprouts, occassionally a grapefruit, meats/fish, some eggs, super-super clean. No grains, no dairy. I feel like I need a pre- intra-, and post-workout drink... Did you take anything like this during your Insanity journey?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I would ditch the supplements and just eat fruit pre/post workout.

27ko Guest

Hmmm... OK. I like the the Caffeine/Creatine/Nitric Oxide boost in my pre-workout... My postworkout is like 16g carb / 10g protein with a bunch of glutamine, bcaa's, cortisol inhibitor.... You think it's better to ditch them all?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I think your money would be better spent on eating the highest quality food and more of it

jgriff Guest

2 rounds of p90x?!? Nice I just started my second round as well... do you have ur before and after pic you could share? would love to see your results!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast