Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VFF Bikilas or...? page 3

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    So Bikilas are great for running on uneven surfaces? Could you say that about any of the other models? Would you be able to lift in Bikilas?

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    My experience with VFFs has been limited to KSOs, Bikilas and Komodos; in addition to Merrells, NB, NB Zeros, etc. I found the Komodos to be somewhat overly stiff and lacking in feel, your mileage may vary of course. The treks were going to be my next pair but I got another set of Bikilas instead =).

The KSOs are awesome, but for trail running specifically they where painful; either catching a sharp rock on the arch or heel. The Bikilas have been perfect in the sense the they offer a little arch protection (not support, just a thin EVA pad) and just the tiniest bit of cushion throughout the foot. So you feel the impact bit its more protected form the pain.

My Bikilas are my primary lifting shoe, although the KSOs might be a slightly better choice for lifting specifically, due to less heel cushion. But I have no issues given the relatively small amount of heel cushion form the Bikilas.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Wanderlust, that helps a lot. I think I'll get a pair of Bikilas then, since I want to be able to run on gravel as well.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No problem, just remember your mileage may vary.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123