Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Persistent breakouts on jaw, what to eliminate? page

McChunky is offline Member

Persistent breakouts on jaw, what to eliminate?

Primal Fuel
    I eat a pretty clean diet, almost what I would call "strict Paleo" with the exceptions being cheese / dairy in moderation and ice cream on occasion.

For a few months now, I have had a persistent breakouts near my mouth and chin. Googling tells me this is classic hormonal acne.

My question is two-fold I guess... Can something I'm eating be causing this issue without affecting anything else? Meaning, I've lost weight and felt fantastic all while getting these new breakouts (I've had perfectly clear skin up to this point.) I kind of thought if dairy (for example) was a problem, it would also stall my weightless or have other negative effects.

More info:
    - I don't eat nuts really because they bother digestion
    - I eat moderate carb because I'm active, breastfeeding and don't need to lose any more weight although I think I still am.

Any insight or guesses? WWYD?

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    I've just joined this forum because I know how frustrating chin and jawline acne can be!

I've successfully got rid of all my acne (mild) by doing a 'candida' cleanse. You basically cut out all yeast, sugar and most dairy...

There are LOADS of suggestions for jawline acne, especially in women (hormones more so than other acne in other areas)

I would highly suggest that you cut out dairy (or change to a better quality, or goats dairy). Dairy is perhaps the cause of your acne which I know sounds huge, but after battling with persistent acne in the jaw and chin for years, I looked EVERYWHERE! (although I wish I had heard of paleo/primal before)

Check out Holistic Living for Clear Skin and Happiness | The Love Vitamin. Tracy, the author of the blog has helped me tremendously and it's because of her that I ended up on here!

I follow a candida/paleo diet fairly strictly with absolutely no dairy (except eggs), no sugar (except low sugar fruits), and no grain whatsoever.

Digestion is also key when it comes to acne, but since so many people cannot digest (low quality factory farmed, pasteurised heat treated, hormone ridden, antibiotic dairy), this could be your issue.

Seriously, check out thelovevitamin and do a quick search with "dairy".

Hope this helps!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what/which ice cream brand(s) you have, but there are ice cream sources with too many additives. I'd check the ingredient inventory, to be sure
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

camel is offline Senior Member
    Since hormones are stored in fat, as you break down the fat and lose it hormones are released into your system. Perhaps as you reach goal and maintenance it will clear up again.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Since hormones are stored in fat, as you break down the fat and lose it hormones are released into your system. Perhaps as you reach goal and maintenance it will clear up again.
    Interesting thought.

I really hope this might be it. I really hate to eliminate the sparse amount of cheese I eat anyway and when I do ice cream it's usually Haagen-daaz which is relatively "pure" as far as ice cream goes.

It's very frustrating though since when my diet was crap, I had perfectly clear skin.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    If you drink coffee or eat cacao/chocolate, either drop them from your diet or replace them with HIGH quality types. Low quality coffee and chocolate have definitely caused breakouts for me in the past.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    no dairy (except eggs)
    Wait - does milk come from chickens, or are there cows that lay eggs? Which is it?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

LolaLola is offline Member
    If you don't mind me asking what age are you?

Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    If you drink coffee or eat cacao/chocolate, either drop them from your diet or replace them with HIGH quality types. Low quality coffee and chocolate have definitely caused breakouts for me in the past.
    Don't really eat much chocolate anymore because it never really satisfied me but I drink coffee like crazy. I drink Newman's organic k-cups... I think it's pretty good quality but not really sure.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaLola View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what age are you?
    Dangerously close to 30... But still in my 20's ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast