Thread: interpreting food journal page

lowell is offline Junior Member

interpreting food journal

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I started primal diet about 2 weeks ago. I have found myself craving sweets big time. I eat lots of meat, avocados, macadamias, eggs, sardines, coconut and coco milk, Bacon, butter etc. I just downloaded the myfitnesspal app and entered today's meals. First thing I noticed was cholesterol levels. The app is saying I'm over by 500. Also my vit a and d levels are about 400 over as well. Is this correct or does this app use CW. Curious as I'm not sure how to interpret the results. ALso I'm 530 calories short too. I'm 5'9" and about 140lbs. I can't afford to lose weight and am struggling to get enough calories. I was diagnosed with Crohns 1 year ago. I've been refusing dr's orders to go on Humira. Aside from this diet I'm supplementing with Primal Defense from Garden of Life. I'm trying my best to avoid this dangerous drug by eating well.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Ignore the cholesterol intake level, it has no bearing on your health. CW levels for Vit A and D are both very low. So don't worry.

I've never counted. I just try to eat as broad a range of meats and vegetables as I can. Works for me
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

lowell is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Peril,
    I'm tracking my meals just so I have an idea of caloric intake mainly. It's nice however to see fat, protein intake as well.

Monika is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell View Post
    Thanks Peril,
    I'm tracking my meals just so I have an idea of caloric intake mainly. It's nice however to see fat, protein intake as well.
    I like to use FATSECRET for tracking stuff...