Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BigJilm's (candid) Primal Journal page 3

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had a few mates over from o'seas this weekend and indulged a little too much in the fermented grain beverage.

Had a great time but have been feeling it the past few days and my weight crept back up to 91 from 89kg.

back to Paleo and aiming to be disciplined moving forward.

Also signed up for dry July here in Oz. I cant remember the last time I went a month without alcohol.
    I'll be back

yesterday was so-so. I went for a 3km jog at lunch time which felt terrible. It took 22 minutes as I walk around half of it. My lungs were burning and wheezing all afternoon and into the evening - its winter down here and the cool air does that too me.

I didn't eat much yesterday also, had a protein shake for breaky, then another for lunch after my run. Was really hungry in the arvo so went to the take away shop (in the industrial park I work in) and grabbed a potato scallop and a lasagne topper, neither of which are very primal. Dinner was for rashers of bacon and a little 85% chocolate.

My weight all week has hovered between 90-92kg, with this morning reaching the lower end of that scale.

Exercise this week included some sprints on Monday, along with some pretty feeble assisted pull ups, push ups and squats. Yesterdays jog and maybe some strength training over the weekend.

I need to improve my fitness and strength. I've been a fat weak type all my life so motivation is difficult, especially in winter and with a baby that hasn't been sleeping as well as I'd like.
    I'll be back

So things haven't been so great lately. My energy levels have dropped and I haven't been sleeping well either.

I've been skipping meals due to not being hungry and not being too bothered to cook anything either. I met with a naturopath yesterday and it seems I'm very dehydrated, have very low muscle mass (I've always been weak as) and apparently my cells are very ordinary at producing energy.

soooo...... what does this all mean?

Today I am ingesting new stronger supplements of Magnesium, Zinc & Vit C. I am also upping my caloric intake. I've averaged probably 1000-1200 per day and should be on around 2000.

Hopefully that will fix my energy issues and I can be more motivated to get into exercise. So far, so good - feeling better today already and we shall see how the next few days/weeks go.
    I'll be back

Two days down on higher calorie intake and the new supplements.

Feeling a lot better and certainly more motivated to start some form of exercise...

Weekend coming up. Look forward to getting out in the beautiful Qld winter sunshine!
    I'll be back

So yesterday was not very primal. I went to the local rugby club to watch a few games and had a few lagers while I was there. Than had a mate birthday dinner at a mexican place. Another few beers and some delicious fresh tacos saw me feeling a little worse for wear this morning.

I have had a beer and mexican fueled bowel movement this morning, and have noted my weight has shot up closer to 92kg. Not happy Jan!

Must get back on track this week...
    I'll be back

So exercise has remained the "bogey" for me on this diet. I've also added a few beers most weekends but stayed around 89kg for the past month.

Still its great to hear compliments from people who haven't seen me in a while.

Will endeavor to stick to correct diet and reduce those 20 percenters.

Might go whole 30 for a bit... maybe whole 10 for starters...
    I'll be back

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123