Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BigJilm's (candid) Primal Journal page 2

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, Sunday passed and I weighed in at 93.7kg, a drop of roughly 7kg over the past four weeks. Im pretty happy with that, given I havent included enough [read:none] exercise. Just for kicks I checked my weight again later that evening and it had shot up to 95.4, so go figure - I guess ditching the scales is the right thong to do.

When I look at myself I dont see where the seven kgs has come from. Perhaps the love handles are a little small and my cheeks/chins a little slighter than usual... I really need to tone up :-)

Had some nasty constipation however, which has been a deal breaker on other diets in the past. Im only doing a movement maybe twice a week, so that better improve too I think. As Ive mentioned before, Im probably consuming too much protein and not enough veges. I only get veges really at dinner, with a stir fry. Lunch has typically been half a nandos chicken or a two egg mushroom omelette, so I really should have a BAS more often for lunch.

I spent the weekend up the coast with a dietitian friend of my wife's. I told her about my new lifestyle and she quizzed me a bit about my calorie intake, protein gms and carb intake etc. She was really supportive and stoked that I had stuck with this lifestyle for four weeks (Ive never really stayed on a diet that long). She even limits any grain in her diet (but not fully).

So... overall, Im pretty happy with the progress, but need to get into exercise (not easy with winter approaching). If I increase my vege intake, hopefully I can solve the constipation issue. I will try more water too, as I just dont seem to be as thirsty as I used to be...

thanks for reading....

Apologies to Skink531, but I had to check the scales again this morning. Back to 94.5 kg

My short term goals are to lose weight, and I use the scales to measure that goal. Am I obsessive by checking everyday? Perhaps in the opinion of some...

But I like to check... it reminds me every day that I need to be concious about what I eat, and it helps remember the days that work well, and those that are not so good. It certainly tells me when I have a day on the 20% CW (like when I ate pizza on Saturday night) what the immediate effects are, besides feeling a little Sh*tty.

Well... Ive hit a roadblock.

That is to say Ive had a rough couple of days with my wife, son and I all suffering from gastro. It seems to have passed and yesterday as we all seemed to get better, after my son was put to bed my wife and I conceded to takeaway pizza.

While I like to say Ive been pretty good until this past weekend and yesterdayI think I could be better. Id like to think my 20% allowance under the 80/20 idea has all been used up in the first 30yrs of my life! Lets hope I live to 150 to justify that!

So as I write I guess its not a roadblock....yet. Back primal today.

Down to 93.1kg this morning.

Got my hands on some cheap coconut butter at chemist warehouse... me like.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Had some nasty constipation however, which has been a deal breaker on other diets in the past. Im only doing a movement maybe twice a week, so that better improve too I think. As Ive mentioned before, Im probably consuming too much protein and not enough veges.
    Someone mentioned in another thread that constipation issues were more an issue with an imbalance with one's intestinal flora and not so much a matter of fiber. From personal experience, I tend to agree. Things that I've found have helped me, are taking 400-800 mg of Magnesium (don't remember which one, but it doesn't matter too much) each day, and then I take probiotics and eat things with probiotics in them like crazy. (Kefir, yougurts, some saurkraut, and probiotic pills twice daily).

Good luck!

92.5kg today.

I have come to the conclusion that I am a lazy grok.

I haven't conducted any lifting sessions since beginning this...
    I have only completed one sprint session since beginning...
    I was walking most days but now winter is setting in down under, I am finding it difficult to [a] get out of bed in the morning and [b] get home before dark at night.

I also haven't been too particular about finding the organic, and grass feed version of the foods eat. If followed the "worst of the best foods" and have still had success which is pleasing.

Ive now lost a total of 8.5kg. sweet.

After a mothers day/wife's birthday weekend last w/end, I have fluctuated but now sit around 91.5kg.

Still I have not added exercise, apart from a 2km jog with some workmates during the week.

Im pretty sure Im drinking enough water, around 2 litres a day but when I wake my mouth is sooooo dry and I almost feel like I have a mild hangover as if im dehydrated. I dont feel thirsty during the day, just parched in the morning. I think maybe I now sleep with my mouth open rather than breathing through my nose. weird

ugh.

Ive fluctuated a bit over the past couple of days. Friday night had me getting take away Thai food which meant left overs the next night. FFF this is ridiculous.

I blame my non paleo wife (dont tell her) as she loves the Friday night takeaway every now and then.

Seems the weekends are becoming my weak point due to convenience.

Anyways, was good again today, but sitting at ninety three point something earlier today. Me thinks a fast will help...

Today has been terrible...

Not eating wise, just felt ordinary since about 11am. I had a protein shake for breakfast, a couple of eggs at lunch and then about 50grams of Green & Blacks 85% chocolate (did I say I ate well?).

Anyways, since about 11am Ive had a bit of a headaqche and just felt bleh.

I had the eggs thinking it would help... no luck.
    I had the chocolate thinking it would help... I think it made it worse.

Anyways, Ive had a bit of water today, perhaps 1-1.5 litres and Ive just had a couple of asprin.

Roast chicken coming up for dinner tonight.. Im thinking that will give me some much needed fats.

well, big Footy night watching Origin on Wednesday. Had the mandatory half dozen beers celebrating another Queensland victory

Hasn't helped the weight loss though and have had a few days of fluctuations as a result.

Seems last weekend's Thai take out and not so salubrious beer drinking wouldn't have helped the cavemen after all
    I'll be back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast