Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: milk is filtered cow's blood page

fiercehunter is offline Banned

Exclamation milk is filtered cow's blood

Primal Fuel
    Picked up Loren Cordain's Paleo book yesterday at the health food store and landed on a page that says that milk is filtered cow's blood.
    The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young - Loren Cordain - Google Books

Comments, thoughts?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    milk is delicious filtered blood
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    If milk is blood, consider me a vampire
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

jammies is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of statement in there that I take issue with. All the info about the hormones and enzymes surviving digesting or even pasteurization seem questionable to me. I'd like to see evidence/references showing that bovine enzymes consumed in milk function outside the GI tract of humans.

Personally, I do better with no dairy and I think dairy can be an issue for lots of women who want to lose weight. But I find this kind of writing to be unconvincing. Describing it as filtered cow blood just seems like a scare tactic. Meat could be described as solidified cow blood if you really wanted to.
    Last edited by jammies; 04-08-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

peril is offline Senior Member
    And what might be wrong with consuming cows blood?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

PMAC is offline Member
    That's BS. By the way, have you seen Cordain lately? Doesn't appear to be the picture of health.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    A.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    milk is delicious filtered blood
    B.
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    And what might be wrong with consuming cows blood?
    , it's very nutritious!

Assuming that any of that might be true... see A., and then see B.

That is all.

Also See what PMAC said... it's bunk. Those two bodily liquids actually have surprisingly little in common... other than being made through bodily processes... as is/was your ENTIRE body. Geez.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

LauraB is offline Junior Member
    Human breastmilk is made from the nutrients in human blood. It's just the biological process. They have even (terrifyingly, imo) genetically modified cows to make milk with the same nutrients and fat content as human milk.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I was just going to point out that I fed my two kids my own blood for a year each.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Roach is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it technically is. And when it comes from happy properly cared for cows it is absolutely delicious. Just had some and damn it was good.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast