Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that what I'm going to feel like when I eat pizza??? page

docpearce is offline Member

Is that what I'm going to feel like when I eat pizza???

Been about 75% primal for the last 4-5 months and especially good over the last 2-3 weeks. Broke down last night though and had pizza. I don't know if I can blame it on the pizza, but when I woke up this morning, I felt like I'd been in a car accident. My whole body just ached. I had a bad headache. My eyes were all swollen. My allergies were bad. I just felt like I was in a fog and hungover. I actualy had to go back to bed for about an hour at noon. I didn't feel back to "normal" until about 2 o'clock.

Could this possibly be from the pizza?

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    yeah dude, I gave in today and had some easter chocolate, jelly beans, and ice cream. I feel like a fucking zombie. I cheat whenever I want to without really halting my progress much, but it's rarely ever worth it. None of it ever tastes that good anyways.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Yes. There seems to be a period following elimination of grains where people really react badly to them (particularly gluten) following consumption. For many people this is temporary. After a while, you can have little bits without things going in to overdrive. I think it takes at least for your immune system to really calm down.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    I have this with dairy, I lost a good two days of body pain, so weird. Never had such a thing in the past.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it would be the pizza. I feel the same 'hungover' feelling if I eat chocolate after not eating it for a long time. I might as well have been drinking instead. BUT. if I continue eating badly (not paleo), I get use to it and don't feel bad anymore. I get use to the sluggish tired feeling. Untill it gets so bad that I have to force my self off the grains again. Its really is addictive the processed carbs are.. I love then and hate them!

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Grains are poison. Your immune system is now overloaded. Just think of the damage you were doing to your body before PB!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I used to get this, and now I don't. I don't know what changed but I can eat pizza, ice cream, chips, pretty much whatever now without feeling like crap. Last year if I ate pizza I would feel like a truck hit me later on.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Shalimar is offline Member
    Wow that is interesting. i guess i am going through that susceptible phase too. Felt awful after eating a quesadilla a couple days ago.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes, yes it is. Your body was likely always going through symptoms, but they were masked because you had 'adapted' and you didn't have the contrast of being 'clean'. it may or may not be easier to have 'cheats' after you have been primal for a longer period of time. Take care, and when you get these reactions, use them for good: to remind yourself how much better you feel when you are eating well.

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh yes. The stuff int he pizza causes inflammation. When the inflammation is constant, you get a certain... tolerance?... of it. ONce you have moved away from foods that inflame you, and then eat it again, you feel the full effects of the inflammation. All of what you described is simply symptoms of that inflammation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast