Thread: Supplements for healing, resiliance page

Shalimar is offline Member

Supplements for healing, resiliance

Primal Fuel
    I get to a nice space in my life, start thinking, hey, i can hike nine miles, lets take the next step then bam, injury. Takes a long time to recover. In the meantime, pain and setback.

I know this is a bit complex, and i know i am impatient and may push myslf a bit. But i dont push that hard! The injuries seem to come out of nowhere. I feel like the Princess and the Pea. This has happened all my life

As soon as i get injured i stop using the injured part and either rest or find an exercise that doesnt hurt; say swimming if I have plantar fasciitis.

I'm asking here because maybe my diet is not complete. I take no supplements or vits. I' ve been primal nine months. I eat wonderful large helpings of veg. I eat organic meats, nuts, yogurt, milk, fish. I've lost weight, lost the pain in my joints and apart from the latest injury have felt great. I swim, canoe, hike, work hard around the house and garden. I'm 55. I do take estroven for menopause.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Have you had your vitamin d3 levels checked? If not, get it tested and then get a good quality oil based D3 and supplement to the upper half of normal.

Also there are some nutrients that are hard to get on a meat/veggie diet if you don't add in offal. Try to add liver, bone marrow, bone stocks, oysters, brazil nuts, and some sea veggies to your diet. Each of these contains tons of nutrients that are not that present in other foods. Liver is a true superfood - you don't need a ton of it - just a little bit each week. Homemade stocks are also amazing.

Good luck and congrats on your great success so far
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    What kinds of injuries? Joint injuries? Muscle? Are you simply sore after an extra effort? Are you hurt after a new effort, doing something you do infrequently? Perhaps all you need is to work on your flexibility and do some regular calisthenic-type stuff to build up your core.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Shalimar is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you, jammies, i will try the vit d and your other suggestions. Will try to choke down some liver-there's no disguising it. I'm trying to get my local co-op to make an organ sausage.
    Yes, sbhikes, i need to build up core and flexibility. Am working on it. Injuries are not soreness but muscle pulls and other stuff. Latest is severe shoulder pain, caused i think by cursed beloved ipad, and large elderly dog's illness. Egosue's book Pain Free has helped in the past and i will follow his exercises.
    Thanks again for any suggestions