Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (meggilizz) page

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (meggilizz)

Primal Fuel

Sunday's grub:

B: green monster: 2 c spinach, 1 c almond milk, banana, vanilla & cinnamon

8 mile walk

S: 2 primal energy bars (368cals 30.8g fat 12.8g carb 15.0g protein)

L: hazelnut pancakes with berries & 1 tsp honey, bacon, egg

S: tea with whole milk and honey

D: bacon roast chicken with carrots & broccoli

Fitday breakdown:

Grams Calories %-Cals

Calories 2,123

Fat 140.0 1,260 58 %

Saturated 21.9 197 9 %

Polyunsaturated 7.9 71 3 %

Monounsaturated 21.8 197 9 %

Carbohydrate 122.3 464 21 %

Dietary Fiber 22.9

Protein 110.7 450 21 %

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Today:

B: green monster: 2 c spinach, 1 c almond milk, banana, vanilla & cinnamon (wheatgrass powder & green superfood)

S: carrots, hard-boiled egg

L: salad: spinach, tomato, cucumber, green onion, artichokes, green olives, chicken, pecans, almonds, avocado. Olive oil & vinegar as dressing

D: mushroom omelet (2 egg)

Fitday breakdown:

Grams Calories %-Cals

Calories 1,501

Fat 104.3 908 61 %

Saturated 17.6 155 10 %

Polyunsaturated 16.3 141 9 %

Monounsaturated 58.2 504 34 %

Carbohydrate 82.8 306 20 %

Dietary Fiber 30.9

Protein 74.5 286 19 %

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Yesterday:

crossfit

B: green monster: 2 c spinach, 1 c almond milk, banana, vanilla & cinnamon (wheatgrass powder & green superfood), 1 T coconut oil

S: carrots, HB egg, 1oz pecans & almonds

L: salad with chicken, pecans, bleu cheese, strawberries, cucumbers, mandarin orange.

D: chicken & broccoli (cooked in bacon grease)

S: 2 paleo bars

Today:

B: 1 piece of bacon, green monster: 2 c spinach, 1 c almond milk, banana, vanilla & cinnamon (wheatgrass powder & green superfood), 1 T coconut oil

L: salad with 3 pieces of bacon, tomato, cucumber, carrots, green onion, artichokes, green olives, pecans & almonds, olive oil & vinegar

D: chicken & vegetable soup, avocado

4-5 mile walk after dinner

B: green monster--1c almond milk, 2-3c spinach, 1 banana, wheatgrass powder, green superfood, 1 T almond butter, 1 T coconut oil & vanilla.

L: chicken soup (made from leftover roast chicken & veggies), 2 devilled eggs

D: spinach salad with roast beef, coconut milk ice cream for dessert?

5 mile walk planned after dinner

No time to enter in Fitday info, may do it later tonight.

S: pecans & dried cherries (1/4c total)

Crossfit

B: green monster, 2 egg omelet with 3/4 oz cheddar cheese and 1 T butter

S: 1 oz almonds, dried fruit leather

L: spinach salad with tomato, cucumbers, carrots, celery, onion, olive oil, 6oz roast beef

D: 4oz salmon, sautéed zucchini

Grams Calories %-Cals

Calories 2,119

Fat 142.7 1,255 59 %

Saturated 48.8 431 20 %

Polyunsaturated 16.2 141 7 %

Monounsaturated 62.2 546 26 %

Carbohydrate 110.8 416 20 %

Dietary Fiber 23.4

Protein 110.6 447 21 %

Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

I wonder if I'm getting enough protein, I'll have to research that sometime today.

Last night I didn't eat dinner until 8pm (just wasn't hungry until then!) and had 1/2 cup of coconut milk ice cream afterward.

For the next few days I'm decreasing my carbs to see what happens.

B: 4oz salmon, 2 eggs, 2 tsp bacon fat, 2 little roma tomatoes from my garden

S: 1.5oz pecans & dried cranberries

L: spinach salad with cucumber, carrots, celery, onion, avocado, olive oil & vinegar. 6oz roast beef

D: chicken with TJ's thai green curry sauce (need to input that info into my fitday) zucchini & onions sautéed in olive oil.

Fitday (w/o green curry)

Grams Calories %-Cals

Calories 2,148

Fat 158.0 1,395 65 %

Saturated 36.3 324 15 %

Polyunsaturated 21.9 192 9 %

Monounsaturated 87.1 767 36 %

Carbohydrate 62.5 231 11 %

Dietary Fiber 19.9

Protein 129.0 522 24 %

Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

So that's more protein than yesterday & about the same amount of calories.

Hi Megalizz!

What are your goals? When did you start your Primal 'experience'?

The green monster sounds yummers! Maybe I'll have one of those every once in a while after I am maintaining (I have 20 some pounds to go - give or take a few for muscle).

Hiya!

I'd first heard about Paleo/PB back in March when I started going to Crossfit. I've been doing Weight Watchers since October 2007 and have lost about 40lbs (as of a few weeks ago). I kinda hit a wall with WW and started toying with the idea of PB. On May 20 I started a 7 day cleanse from GNC, then after that, I started eating less grains, gradually becoming more PB.

I started a food blog to chronicle how the 7 day cleanse went and have continued the blog to share pics of my Primal foods with friends & family. I guess I've been totally Primal since around mid-June, I was still eating some beans & soy milk that I had leftover.

My blog--www.meggilizz.com

My goals--I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks, I still go to the WW meetings (more for socializing than anything nutrition-related) on June 27 I was around 152lb and I'm 5'3". I actually just cancelled my WW membership the other day since I'm eating only Primal foods now. July will be my last month weighing in at WW.

My WW goal was 135, but I'm not sure that's attainable or not right now since I've gained so much muscle from Crossfit. I love lifting weights and wouldn't want to lose any of my muscles! I did a marathon back in October and 138 was the lowest weight I reached during training.

I'd like to do another marathon someday, I've done two half's--one in Sept 2008 & in May 2009. I'm nowhere near fast but running is kinda on the backburner now since I'm recovering from a stress fracture I got in May. I guess my main goal is to be healthy & strong!!

I just subscribed to your blog!

Mine is http://www.healthtestdummy.blogspot.com/ (I RARELY have time to post, but try to do it more and more).

You crack me up, "But oh mah ceiling cat!" - You must be a "I can haz cheeseburger" addict like me! ;-)

Have a great day!

(BTW - That dress you got the other day is stinkin' adorable! I want one! - Oh, and you're adorable too).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks I'm following yours now too!

I LOVE the LOLCATS!!!! They are an integral part of my morning routine--Turn on computer, make tea, open Facebook & the cheezburger cats!

I can't wait to wear my new dress! Maybe Friday night It's so comfy and unlike those long maxi-dresses, this one is actually flattering b/c it doesn't disguise my waist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast