Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pellet Poop page

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member

Pellet Poop

Primal Fuel
    Sorry for the graphic title but I'm having digestive issues and thought people here could help. I've been eating primal over a month and and so far have had no problem with bowel movements. They're usually pretty normal and regular. But the last day or so they're more like hard nuggets and not going without a fight. I'm not sure what would have caused this. I'm still eating pretty much the same as I have been, I think. Only thing I can think of is I did snack on cheese a bit more than usual one day. Would dairy cause this? Or possibly I've been eating a little less beef and more poultry? Less fat? Still using plenty of oil and butter when cooking though so I don't think my fat intake is low.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnivara View Post
    Sorry for the graphic title but I'm having digestive issues and thought people here could help. I've been eating primal over a month and and so far have had no problem with bowel movements. They're usually pretty normal and regular. But the last day or so they're more like hard nuggets and not going without a fight. I'm not sure what would have caused this. I'm still eating pretty much the same as I have been, I think. Only thing I can think of is I did snack on cheese a bit more than usual one day. Would dairy cause this? Or possibly I've been eating a little less beef and more poultry? Less fat? Still using plenty of oil and butter when cooking though so I don't think my fat intake is low.
    You are dehydrated. Drink more water. Water absorption happens in the large intestine, so, once you have hydrated, the remaining water will soften your stools.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Pellet poop has been sitting in your intestines the longest; try adding more coconut oil to your daily food consumption. Some of us swear by magnesium citrate before bed.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Personally, I have foun cheese can be constipating. More water oftn helps. Have a read of this site - it's very interesting and has worked for me.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I second the recommendations of water and magnesium. I went through a bag of spinach in a day and a half and was right as rain after that.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed that this happens to me also after I have traveled a lot-- a long car ride or flight, even if I'm pushing water down the whole time, is unpleasant to my digestion. Don't know if that would affect you too, but I thought I'd share.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Raylynn is offline Junior Member
    I swear by coconut oil and magnesium. Just keeps everything moving. Also have noticed that I don't have as much poo eating this way. I am thinking most of my food is being used by my body.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, maybe I just need more water. I tend not to get thirsty much, and never remember to drink when not thirsty. So it's not unusual for me to go morning until evening without liquids other than what's in my food. I've already been taking magnesium citrate for ages. Never found that to be "loosening" but I have found magnesium oxide will do that. I don't take the oxide form though, because I've heard it prevents a lot of nutrients from being absorbed.

Dave Mayo is offline Senior Member
    More sodium and water. Also, not to be graphic, but does your bhole throb while duecing?

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmallOne View Post
    I've noticed that this happens to me also after I have traveled a lot-- a long car ride or flight, even if I'm pushing water down the whole time, is unpleasant to my digestion. Don't know if that would affect you too, but I thought I'd share.
    I get this as well. Heard it referred to as "traveler's constipation". I think it's not uncommon. Travel is probably my most common cause of bowel problems. I think it's just stress-related for me; I'm a homebody and I don't like sleeping in strange beds.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast