Thread: Having Family Over for Dinner. What should I make?? Help. page

Livetoride is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

So I am having some family over this weekend for a special occasion and I am drawing blanks on what to make. Any suggestions? I don't want to make anything that is very time consuming so maybe a slow cooker recommendation or really anything. Thanks!

Also, it is now about 6 months since going primal and just competed in a Crossfit games qualifier. Did great and my endurance has never been better.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

How about Coq au Vin? - chicken in red wine, certainly fancy enough for a special occassion. I've made it for dinner parties. Beef Burgundy is great, too - Mark's Primal recipe for it: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/beef-burgundy-recipe/

That's a good dinner party recipe also. Serve with bread for non-Primals & salad. You can make 'em both ahead and just heat them up. Definitely slow-cooker friendly, too.

Congrats on the Crossfit game qualifier! That is very cool! Good luck with the dinner.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

Crab legs? It's easy for a small crowd.

Wrap three legs at a time in a damp paper towel with a sprig of dill and a thin slice of lemon. Wrap in plastic wrap. Microwave for three minutes while you prep the next bundle. Serve with drawn butter.

For a larger crowd I'd roast a chicken (or even a turkey). Once the roast goes in the oven it's easy to walk away for a few hours until it's done.

Livetoride is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I am liking the beef burgundy and would like to take a stab at it in the slow cooker. Any suggestions on modifications for slow cooking? Just don't want to screw it up, which is pretty hard in the crock pot.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

At the step where you'd cover the pot and stick it in the oven for 2 1/2 hours, just put it in the slow cooker instead. Pre-heat the slow cooker while you're working on the beginning of the recipe. I'm not sure if you'd need to set your temp to high or low. On mine, I think I'd keep it on high & check on it.

Have a great time!