Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Anyone else drink Shakeology? page

  1. #1
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770

    Anyone else drink Shakeology?

    So I get my Shakeology through Beach Body and I'm supposed to be drinking one a day. I really like having it, but I noticed that it does have 9g of sugar in it. Is that bad for the Primal diet? It's a certified low glycemic index food and I would like to keep drinking it because of all the other goodies in it, plus I'm pretty physically active.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    dragonmamma's Avatar
    dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,765
    Drink it after a workout and don't worry about 9g of sugar. Count it as your 20%.

    I'd be more upset about the price. As I recall, it's more than $3 per serving.

  3. #3
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Drink it after a workout and don't worry about 9g of sugar. Count it as your 20%.

    I'd be more upset about the price. As I recall, it's more than $3 per serving.
    HA! Yes, it's a bit pricey. I got my Primal Blueprint book in the mail today so I'm about to crack it open. I need to learn what the "20%" is that I see people talking about on here.

  4. #4
    Chatty's Avatar
    Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    332
    I'm new too (thought PB shake was awfully expensive)
    It's probably around $2.84 per serving, with shipping.

  5. #5
    dragonmamma's Avatar
    dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,765
    Yep, that's expensive, too. I don't do shakes at all, but some folks really like their shake after a workout, and if it works for them, no reason not to go for it.

  6. #6
    Chatty's Avatar
    Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Yep, that's expensive, too. I don't do shakes at all, but some folks really like their shake after a workout, and if it works for them, no reason not to go for it.
    The main reason I bought them is so I can NEVER say I don't have proper food in the house!
    (Grocery store 20 miles away)

  7. #7
    Apex Predator's Avatar
    Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,354
    Eat real food, you'll be happier.

  8. #8
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    12,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatty View Post
    The main reason I bought them is so I can NEVER say I don't have proper food in the house!
    (Grocery store 20 miles away)
    I tried to respond this yesterday, but your statement is very contradictory. I know you are not looking for this, you were just looking for people who also use these products, but a shake is NOT proper food unless you are combining whole ingredients (fruits, veggies, ice, milk, whatever) yourself! Freezers are wonderful contraptions, it's fairly easy (and much cheaper) to keep shake ingredients in the house.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

  9. #9
    Apex Predator's Avatar
    Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I tried to respond this yesterday, but your statement is very contradictory. I know you are not looking for this, you were just looking for people who also use these products, but a shake is NOT proper food unless you are combining whole ingredients (fruits, veggies, ice, milk, whatever) yourself! Freezers are wonderful contraptions, it's fairly easy (and much cheaper) to keep shake ingredients in the house.
    +1

    Also, for most people's goals, liquid food is less ideal than solid food.

  10. #10
    jhlasnik's Avatar
    jhlasnik is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    +1

    Also, for most people's goals, liquid food is less ideal than solid food.

    I think the point the op was making was is this OK when you're in a spot where you don't have the time or energy to cook something. Sure eating real food is ALWAYS the better option but sometimes it's not available...such as sometimes I'm in a business meeting off site which is catered with sandwiches. I think a good option would be something like shakeology or mark's version primal fuel is acceptable there. The other option I guess could be take the sandwich and remove the bread.

    I say if Mark has his own version of it and he's stated it's for the one off times when it's needed then it shouldn't be a big deal. People will obviously disagree and say there's other things to eat ie nuts, tuna, etc but sometimes it's just more convenient for a busy person to have a shake.

    my 2cents however is that shakeology is overpriced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •