Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Flour & Weight Loss page 2

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i got sick of eggs for breakfast, but now when I cook them in butter or bacon fat and add some avocado, plus they're not as firmly cooked as before (yolks are still runny now), I enjoy them a lot more. I don't even really like avocado, it's bizarre.

I've made the coconut/banana pikelets (found it needed the flour to hold it together else they're very delicate. With it, they're just delicate )

The irony - being Australian, I'm on an Aussie low sugar forum and we get spammed by American and UK companies every day. Yet this American forum is being spammed by an Australian d***head. Great way to get customers, insult them!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Do you do dairy?
    Thick greek yogurt and berries....nom.
    Also duck eggs are different from hen eggs are different from goose eggs etc etc.

The "faileo" goodies I find can *sometimes* hit the spot, but about half the time I'd end up overeating them, bloated, sickly, and with a depleted bank balance

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaviMover View Post
    you weight is too much. it should be less....
    Suck out my farts.

Also, on topic... I need to "re-teach" myself to eat non-breakfast food for breakfast! A stir-fry sounds great. I used to just grab leftovers from the dinner before, pack 'em in to work, and heat them up for breakfast - I think that's a good habit and it saves time - but people called me 'weird' and I stopped doing it and I shouldn't have.

Sometimes I'll make coconut-flour pancakes with banana (Ingredients: banana, a few eggs, a couple spoonfuls of coconut flour, be careful that stuff's thirsty, and a teaspoon of vanilla) but I usually only do this when I have visitors, otherwise it's too much trouble. They're especially good wrapped around bacon or sausage links.

Another good breakfast idea: that leftover grilled steak from last night. Slice and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    Do you do dairy?
    Also duck eggs are different from hen eggs are different from goose eggs etc etc.

The "faileo" goodies I find can *sometimes* hit the spot, but about half the time I'd end up overeating them, bloated, sickly, and with a depleted bank balance
    How do duck eggs taste? I never see them in stores and am beginning to wonder if people even eat them.

adr617 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    I eat the fake SAD food once in a while, but it's better for me if it doesn't get too interesting. Are you IFing ever? I find that if I do that, by hungry-time anything looks good.
    I occasionally, accidentally IF. By that I mean, I miss lunch because I was away from home without a good, reasonably priced option. I've been thinking about the "eating window" strategy. The thing is, I am SO hungry in the morning and dinner is a family thing. I feel like lunch is the best meal for me to miss. As far as planned day fasts, I haven't done any yet.

Possibly a stupid question... Am I technically breaking a fast with a couple almonds or a carrot? It probably does break the fast because it could take the body out of keto, right?

i got sick of eggs for breakfast, but now when I cook them in butter or bacon fat and add some avocado, plus they're not as firmly cooked as before (yolks are still runny now), I enjoy them a lot more. I don't even really like avocado, it's bizarre.
    I do love me some bacon fat

Do you do dairy?
    I haven't really decided. I know that I'm lactose intolerant, but can get away with small amounts of dairy. I don't see it as a long-term option, but I guess it could be good once a week or so!

Also, on topic... I need to "re-teach" myself to eat non-breakfast food for breakfast!
    This is not a great reason, but I like a go-to food in the morning. I don't like having to think about making left-overs for breakfast, lunch, and possibly dinner. I just want to know that I eat x & y for breakfast... I should get over it.
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i just eat a sausage patty every AM. With a cup of black double espresso. I used to love my homemade blueberry whole grain waffles and it was one of the hardest things to give up but i did it, and it was pretty ez b/c let's face it, sausage tastes better than waffles. when they were gone, no mas waffles. I am the worst baker ever and am a total fail at every psuedo flour recipe i have ever tried. It's a lot easier to just stick to meat and veg.

we only eat eggs for breakfast on the weekends so no egg burnout here. that would suck. I love eggs!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    sausage patty is def go to - i just cook a bunch one day of the week & then they are ready for me in the fridge - nuke for 20 seconds while making coffee - ez and fast.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post

Another good breakfast idea: that leftover grilled steak from last night. Slice and eat.
    Leftover....? Leftover?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    How do duck eggs taste? I never see them in stores and am beginning to wonder if people even eat them.
    Not so much taste difference, but imagine the yolk being richer, creamier, butter-ier...so unctuous you have to lick it off your teeth. And for a similar sized egg, I find them much more filling.

asathya is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    yeah well said...coconut floor is very tasty food but no idea for weight reduction as it contains much cholesterol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast