Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Acceptable levels of protein ingestion?

Acceptable levels of protein ingestion?

Shop Now
    Ok, I've got Algonquin blood in me, ergo colder climate=More Meat eaten because, well, snow makes a terrible vegetable garden. Now, I'm not pure blooded, I'm about an 8th or a 6th Algonquin, however I could pass myself off as nearly full. I've ALWAYS had a massive craving for meat. Any and all meat, a meal is not a meal without meat was my motto growing up and my parents knew it. Now that I've gone primal, I've learned to L-O-V-E slabs of meat with animal fat still attached, tastes delicious. However, my previous creed of meat>Everything still stands, what's an "unhealthy" level of meat eating vs everything else? Does my genetic ancestry affect that at all?

Eat fatty primal cuts and you'll get the perfect ratios of protein to fat. These cuts get you about 60+% of their calories from fat. Eating nose to tail with bone broth and all and you might be a healthy carnivore. On the other hand its much like being a vegetarian. It takes more work to be sure that you don't suffer from any deficiencies.

Shop Now
    How do I determine a nutritional deficiency?