Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much wine is too much wine? page

tj_card is offline Member

How much wine is too much wine?

Primal Fuel
    Now I know it is okay to have a daily glass of wine, but how many glasses is okay without derailing my course.

DavidR Guest
    You know that is hard to answer. It is a matter of perspective I presume. A whole bottle could derail you for days. A couple of glass might not be evident after a day or two or any at all. I believe if you drink plenty of water it will help get rid of it quicker.

For me I wouldn't drink more than small glasses of wine or about 8 ounces. I don't want the added calories and sugars. I would at least be sure it a dark red wine.

Thanks! I just don't want to back track my progress.

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    I drink wine about 4 days a week. During the week I may have 1-2 glasses with dinner 1-2 times during the week and try to stop drinking a good hour or two before sleep. On weekends I may drink more depending on the occassion and if I am in the mood. My concern is it changes my sleep pattern if I over indulge so I take that into account that it will impact my sleep and recovery which is where setbacks can occurr. The calories from the wine itself are insignificant now that I have reestablished a strong metabolism. Matter of fact tonight is Martini Night at my wifes favorite place. A once every 2 or 3 week indulgence. I have to be careful...mountainbiking tommorrow.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    If you enjoy it, then drink up.

I completely understand that feeling Bryan! I had a couple glasses over the amount of glasses I should have had. The start of this new lifestyle change also meant leaving going out and partying with everyone for now. But I think I am developing a taste for wine but still miss my good old friend vodka and whiskey!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Are you male or female? Even one glass of wine a day increases a woman's risk of breast cancer.

If you drink more than you mean to on a regular basis you might want to give it a miss for a while and see how you feel. It's surprising how even small amounts of alcohol can bring you down.

misspudding is offline Junior Member
    If you have fructose issues, alcohol can ferment gut bacteria and cause similar issues to eating too much fructose. Dry red wine in moderation seems okay for me, but I find I gain too much weight when I drink alcohol at all.
    Am I still allowed to lick rocks on this diet?

I was a vegetarian once. You should have seen my awful cholesterol back then...

5'8"
    SW 220 lbs / CW 200-ish lbs / GW 160 lbs

My paleo blog: http://meatbabe.wordpress.com

TerpsPwn_387 is offline Member
    I drink way too much wine. I have 2-3 glasses a night. Red wine and 2 pounds of steak or chicken is pretty much my dinner every night. It doesn't really derail the way my stomach looks (for the most part) but it definitely messes up my sleep patterns.

Bobert is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast