Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ketosis breath page

Legerity is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm just wondering about people's experience with bad breath on ketosis. Is it really as bad as I've been reading about? I've cut down a lot of carbs although I'm not sure that they are low enough to go into ketosis, but to be honest I think having permanent bad breath would be enough to prevent me from doing so.

Is this something that goes away or is it just something you have to face on a very low-carb diet? And if you don't have it, does it mean you're not in ketosis?

Thanks for the information,

Brian

barehard Guest

It passes. Stick it out. Don't worry about whether you're in ketosis or not too.

lars1000 is offline Member

My wife has noticed my "Keto-breath" frequently for the past month. Does it really go away?

hoyt22 Guest

Yes even I had keto-breath and I always used to wonder how strong it is for the next person. I think it goes away !

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

I don't know about my breath but I do have a strange...sweet flavor in my mouth when I'm in ketosis. I'm not sure sweet describes it accurately but it's as close as I can come up with. Drinking A LOT (1.5 gallons/day) of water seems to help.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

I noticed keto-breath for the first time today. That's because it was the first time I didn't have a huge class of water and brush my teeth first thing in the morning. I went about 3 hours without any food or water after waking up. It's really not that bad... All I have to do is brush my teeth and it's gone.

March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Athena is offline Senior Member

my breath always smells like bacon...i get whiffs and it makes me hungry again. People say I smell like breakfast all the time. hahaha

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

LOL...the perfect woman is one that always smells like bacon!

I grok, therefore I am.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

Does ketosis really do that, or is it the increase in meat consumption? Often, when people switch to low carb diets, they increase their meat intake. This results in a lot of meat particles between teeth which can cause very bad breath if you do not floss often.

JohnOTD is offline Member

Grok no floss!

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast