Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ihop Omelets (Pancake Batter????) page

GrokyBalboa is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Ihop Omelets (Pancake Batter????)

So I enjoyed a nice (what I thought was semi-primal) western omelet at Ihop. When inputting the food in my Iphone food tracking app, nothing came up for Ihop omelets. I searched the internet to find out how many eggs they use for their GIANT omelets. Every source on the internet says 3 eggs. I've made 3 egg omelets at home, but they NEVER are as big as IHOPS. After digging a little further, I found out that they put pancake batter in them to make them fluffier. Can anyone confirm this? I feel like I've been duped.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Even if they don't all restaurants to some extent have gluten cross contamination so sure you just ate gluten.

GrokyBalboa is offline Junior Member
    I'm not too worried about a little cross contamination. But I don't want to be eating spoons full of pancake batter when it's supposed to be eggs. I read that you can request eggs only. I'll try that next time...(whenever that will be)

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it's true, they absolutely put pancake batter in their eggs.

I've known this for over 10 years, and that's why I never go there
    cuz there isn't anything I can eat there.

That is, yanno, unless I want to get a fried egg... which I can just make
    at home for like 25 cents.

The add the batter to their scrambled eggs as well.

Losers.

Torc is offline Member
    Yes, they do add batter to their omelettes. This was confirmed by my server a while back when trying to keep my carb level down while there a year ago.

canio6 Guest
    It seems they do add some pancake batter, though I am not sure how much.

some links...

check the comments: Top Secret Recipes | IHOP Country Omelette Recipe

The omelette is a dietary landmine at IHOP! - National Extreme Weight Loss | Examiner.com

there are others but I figure you do not need 10 links saying the same thing.

bryanccfshr is offline Senior Member
    Yes IHOP omlettes have omlette batter added. YOu can ask to have them made with eggs and cream only and add an egg or two. That's how I manage when eating there.
    Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Yes, they do. And even if they didn't, the junk most restaurants (including gourmet ones) use for scrambled eggs & omelettes is just chock full of ick. BUt if you ask for a fried egg, you get a real one, so the little known secret is that they do actually have real eggs back there. Ask for yours to be made with "shell eggs." Or if the waitress looks confused (she should know the lingo), ask for it to be made with "real eggs in shells."
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Linny is offline Senior Member
    They actually note it on their menu some where in tiny print that their omelets have pancake batter in them. I've tried to get an omelet there without batter but they refused to make it. Over easy is the only thing I'll get in restaurants. Even diners use pancake batter so it's not just IHOP you have to worry about.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The pancake batter is the least of your worries. That's the healthy part compared to the rancid soybean oil it was fried in - a much bigger issue than gluten for 99% of us, which is constantly overlooked in this community because so many perceive this as a "low carb diet." I'd rather eat pancakes than vegetable oils.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast