Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm Andy and I've lost 24 lbs in 2.5 Months page

AndyinTN is offline Junior Member

Hi I'm Andy and I've lost 24 lbs in 2.5 Months

Primal Fuel
    Andy here. Long time lurker, never posted before but thought I'd come out of the weeds to celebrate a success, if for no other reason than to encourage someone pondering this choice...to MAKE this choice.

6 feet tall and found myself at 219 lbs on January 21st, 2012. I cant describe how bad I SUFFERED from heartburn all day every day. I carried antacids on my person 24/7. Literally waking up at night with acid in my throat, even though I had begun propping up on a pillow to sleep. A fistfull of antacids and try to go back to sleep. I felt like crap constantly, and frankly was a wee bit depressed. I had ONE pair of blue jeans left that I could squeeze into. I also had chronic lower back pain. I was out of shape, in the worst of ways and literally cutting my toenails was laborious. Pathetic, right?

Jan 20th I went 100% compliant with the diet, with the exception that I've done this with all store bought groceries. The transition didnt suck near as bad as I figured it would...after all, eating bacon rocks!

To say that the Primal Blueprint has changed my life is to deny the true power of the transformation that has occured in my body. I believe it has SAVED my life. Not so much in an immediate literal sense, but in the fact that this lifestyle will enable me to live fuller, and live longer.

A brief rundown of benefits I've enjoyed thusfar:

24 lb weight loss to date, I checked in at 195 yesterday morning
    An immediate 5 lb loss each of the first two weeks
    4 days into eating Primally my heartburn ended and it hasnt been back
    Did away with the extra pillow prop up system, neck now feels better
    I am now able to sleep like I'm dead
    I wake up refreshed, ready to face the day
    I am infinitely more energetic and am managing stress far better
    I own and operate a business, which has increased with my energy and improved moods
    Last night I did 20 dead hang chin ups, 50 push ups and 50 squats in less than 20 minutes
    I found the motivation to join my local volunteer fire department
    Every pair of jeans I have now fit, and many are baggy at size 34 waist
    Chronic back pain is almost completely gone

Goals to come:

I now look good in my clothes. I want to look good without a shirt. I'll hit the big 4-0 on 10/28 this year. I have a goal of being carved by that time. I need to lose about 20 more and I'll get there...and I WILL get there.

I bought a calf to graze in my pasture. It'll be weaned off its mama in about a month. I'm going to raise my own grass fed beef.

I now carry myself with a confidence that I didnt have previously. I am going to continually challenge myself physically, mentally, spiritually and financially to attain higher levels of achievement.

In summation, it is AMAZING to me that simply changing what goes in my face could have such drastic benefits. I feel better, look better, am making more money and giving back to my community all from benefits gained by going Primal. If you happen to be reading this and you've previously been unsure if this is a good idea, buy the book and implement it in your life. You'll be shocked at the ease.

Mark Sisson, if you should so happen to read this...thank you brother. Humble, sincere thanks.

-Andy in Tennessee

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely awesome story! Thanks for posting it!

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Nice!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic Andy!! Congratulations and all the best in you continuing journey! Grok on brother!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Good result. Keep at it.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Hi Andy and glad to have you out of the weeds..... I was in the same boat with the heartburn. Used to joke about owning stock in Tums.... I barely ever have to crack that plastic bottle open anymore.....

awesome progress! I am at 6 weeks in and it is the most amazing thing I have ever done for myself! Keep going!!

aapcarbco is offline Junior Member
    It just makes me happy to eat this way. I have proven to myself that eating grains and sugar makes me feel crazy and daily life just seems harder. I am so much calmer and peaceful when I don't. The difference blows my mind.

So I understand what you are going through. Congratulations.

rccrsphil is offline Senior Member
    Great job Andy! I love reading posts like this. Keep up the good fight.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Andy, and +1...my huge bottle of Tums ultra strength is the loneliest thing in my house!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast