Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate My Diet...What Do You Think???..What am I missing??? page

CB7010 is offline Junior Member

Rate My Diet...What Do You Think???..What am I missing???

Shop Now
    Hi All!

I'll first caveat by saying I obviously don't eat the exact same thing every day with variances for eating out, travel, seasonality of foods, occassional loss of willpower (sadly) and yes..what's on sale! But, it seems I have a core of foods that I do buy and eat and the list below would be representative of a normal day. And, luckily I work most days from home, so it's relatively easy to stay on track with eating throughout the day and while I don't adhere exactly to the sample daily diet below, I'm able to stay pretty close to it most days.

Also, I do buy free range & grass fed on occassion and organic for at least the "dirty dozen" fruits & vegetables. I'm male, 6'2" and weigh in at about 190lbs..moderately active..gym, skiing, hockey, basketball, sprinting!, etc..and, take a multi-vitamin and fish oil tab in the AM

Daily diet:

6AM - One homemade protien bar (almond butter, protein powder, eggs, coconut oil, flax seed, dried cranberries)

8AM - Post Workout Shake - Almond milk, tbsp greek yogurt, whey protein powder, one banana, some frozen blueberries

9AM - Breakfast Egg Scramble - One egg, sliced cucumber, tomato, half an avacado, diced onion, meat (bacon, sausage, or chicken), and spinach or kale on top..ok, a little hot sauce as well..

10a-12p - Occassional trip to the refrigerator for a few broccoli crowns or a carrot

1P - Lunch - Spinach salad with meat, other 1/2 avacado, misc vegetables

Afternoon snacking - Occassional broccoli, carrot, a couple sweet potato slices, or even handful of nuts.

Dinner - Meat & Vegetable..Ex. piece of fish or chicken & asparagus or squash

DESSERT! - Square of dark chocolate & blueberries in small dish of almond milk..

Maybe a microbrew or glass or red wine snuck in here an there...

So what do you think...sound good? too much sugar? too many calories?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    What are you goals? What are your starting stats? How do you feel on it? If it working great, if not....
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    You eat fairly frequently throughout the day though the choices are all good. So long as you never stray and eat carbs between meals you should be OK.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    You eat more meals in a day than I eat in a week. Why all the constant snacking? You're on the path to giving yourself blood sugar and insulin issues since they're never normalized the whole time you're awake. I also would recommend against protein powder. Fake, crappy, processed food. Work out fasted and eat real food after.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    You food choices seem clean and healthy, though maybe a little lean. Any particular reason why you're eating so frequently? And why you're avoiding fat? Calories matter little if you're eating clean foods until sated/satisfied, and not by the clock. Fat will help you feel fuller longer, and give you energy to burn if you're limiting carbs. But it looks like you're getting plenty of carbs in fruit & veg form.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

The snacking...I'm hungry! I started experimenting with Primal eating about a year ago..almost immediately lost 10-12 lbs..from about 198 to 187ish..have since gained 2-3 lbs back and mostly in muscle I think..that said, I often feel hungry all the time eating this way and thus, the couple trips to the fridge for a carrot or broccoli...

As for the protein powder, I am with you..I did buy a 10lb box of egg white powder, but, it was not very soluble and frankly, didn't taste very well..so, I just bought another bag of whey for now..just wanting to ensure I get enough protein to support my activities and time in the gym.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    You food choices seem clean and healthy, though maybe a little lean. Any particular reason why you're eating so frequently? And why you're avoiding fat? Calories matter little if you're eating clean foods until sated/satisfied, and not by the clock. Fat will help you feel fuller longer, and give you energy to burn if you're limiting carbs. But it looks like you're getting plenty of carbs in fruit & veg form.
    The frequent eating..mostly I am hungry..but, maybe because my office desk is about 20 feet from my refrigerator..and, I really am not avoiding fat on purpose..maybe just the brainwashing I've gotten the rest of my life telling me to do so..but, I do eat nuts, avocados, bacon, olive oil, coconut oil, dark chocolate..seems like I'm getting some fats??? Good point on the fat energy v. carbs..thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    You eat fairly frequently throughout the day though the choices are all good. So long as you never stray and eat carbs between meals you should be OK.
    Seems like everyone so far has noted that I eat frequently..and, I do. But, I mostly listed out the times for example..I pretty much just eat when I am hungry and my portion sizes are pretty moderate (compared to what they used to be!..I can't even imagine a pizza buffett these days)..as for the snacking, it could be as little as a couple small broccoli pieces or a bite out of a carrot..or 10-15 nuts (typically buy Almonds & Cashews)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    What are you goals? What are your starting stats? How do you feel on it? If it working great, if not....
    Basically, my goal was just to eat and be healthier..didn't really need to lose a ton of weight; but, 10-12 lbs of bodyfat came off almost immediately and I would say I am relatively close to my ideal body weight. I feel great; but, I didn't feel horrible before..this is definitely better. I don't miss the post meal "food comas" at all! Actually, I was somewhat inspired to start this thread as I was thinking how much I liked the food I was eating and some instinct I had told me that if I like it this much, there must be something wrong or sinful about it!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Snacking makes you weak
    Why Snacking Makes You Weak, Not Just Fat - GNOLLS.ORG

Your food is very low in natural animal fat and appears not to have any ruminant meat and that's probably why you are so hungry. You graze on plant matter like a cow.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast