Thread: Plateau after a month?? page

rnrcjb is offline Junior Member

Plateau after a month??

Primal Fuel
    I have been going strong for approximately 6 weeks now. I lost 12 lbs in my first 4 weeks. My goal was to go from 191lbs to somewhere in the 140-150 range. In the last two weeks I have not lost any significant amount of weight. Nothing has changed, I am still exercising several times a week. I have cut back on fruit. I do eat mainly read meat. Thinking this is two early for a stall! Any suggestions would be great!

One sidenote, I have never been able to grow my nails very long. They would always flake and were generally unhealthy. After the first month I noticed the composition of my fingernails have completely changed! The are incredibly strong and healthy and have grown quite long!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Keep it up! Your body will go through phases where it just needs to adjust to the rapid changes. Also, don't put to much value in what the scale says. As your body composition changes (more muscle, less fat), the scale might not change with it. I lost 14 pounds in my first month. The 2 months after, I lost three... 3 pounds- that's it! BUT I lost 8% body fat in those 2 months. Just keep eating healthy and moving and let time do its thing.

I noticed the same thing with my fingernails! So great!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    You are probably close to your healthy weight and/or have a leptin thingie. Someone else will give better advice on breaking the plateau- I just live with it most of the time.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I made a lot of changes to break through my 6 week plateau but I think IF made the biggest difference. Like Kakes said, though, don't worry too much about the scale.
    Ed W. Age:35 Height: 6'4"
    SW: 289 (1/1/12) CW: 195 (11/1/12) GW: < 200 (Hit 198 on 10/3/12) Now onto body comp.

parrottrl is offline Member
    I am in the same situation. I have a great first five weeks. Lost 11lbs and change. Now, nothing. I've been holding steady for about two weeks. My average daily carbs come to 47 carbs/day; eating about 60% fat; eating a wide variety of protein. I'm on my feet at moving work five hours/day and trying to fit in some work/play time even though I despise both. I'm enjoying how much better I feel, but if I don't see the scale start to move again soon...I don't know what I'll do.

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Maybe you're just waiting for a whoosh.
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches