Thread: Butternut squash/ pumpkin page

seng is offline Junior Member

Butternut squash/ pumpkin

I love these so much especially pumpkin and have it 3-4 times a week,i know
    they're starchy do they stall weight loss?

patski is offline Senior Member
    They might

You have to experiment and see what works for you. Typically though, starchy veggies should probably be avoided by anyone trying to lose some weight. But, I've read on here about people having immense success keeping said starches in their food plan and losing weight dramatically.

I personally feel you will lose weight no matter what once you cut out all grains. Just don't make squash and sweet potatoes the only veggies you eat Your body needs variety too!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

seng is offline Junior Member
    thanks patski, i have a variety but i mix with pumpkin often, i should stop because weight isnt shifting
    the way i want

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Depends on your personal circumstances and how active you are.

If you are active, and want to avoid a depressed BMR, then no problem whatsoever.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.