Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paleo begins to become hard to keep up.. page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I would think it would be just fine for you to have couple fun meals per week where you don't worry about anything and just enjoy. For the rest of your diet, avoid crappy oils, high fructose corn syrup, and most grains (rice is likely fine if you don't have a weight problem). Because you are young and healthy, just avoiding the standard american fast food and junk food diet will keep you far ahead of most of us.

Eats lots of meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, eggs, butter, cream, olive oil, and other fats most of the time. Eat pizza, cheeseburgers, candy and cake in moderation without any guilt or negative thoughts about it at all.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Whatyoudoing is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I would think it would be just fine for you to have couple fun meals per week where you don't worry about anything and just enjoy. For the rest of your diet, avoid crappy oils, high fructose corn syrup, and most grains (rice is likely fine if you don't have a weight problem). Because you are young and healthy, just avoiding the standard american fast food and junk food diet will keep you far ahead of most of us.

Eats lots of meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, eggs, butter, cream, olive oil, and other fats most of the time. Eat pizza, cheeseburgers, candy and cake in moderation without any guilt or negative thoughts about it at all.
    Thanks, I had a little ice cream last night and feel great. Much happier now that I know that I don't have to be a 100% strict. My parents are now also willing to make a separate paleo dinner for me everynight

Whatyoudoing is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthyphysique View Post
    That's plenty of exercise IMO maybe add a tad more "weights" now and then and lessen cardio. You really need to eat more if that is your routine. My guess is your burning about 1,000 calories a week on the exercises. If your a teenager you need to eat more than 2,000 calories a day, I eat more than that and I'm a 32 year old 125lb female. Upping the fats should help you feel better too.
    With 2100 net calories I mean minus the exercise. (off course cronometer could've been wrong with the amount of calories burned.) but on a day where I would cycle moderately for an hour (12-14 mph) and walk for 20 min, I would eat about 2500 calories TOTAL. Is that too little you think?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You should not count calories. Just eat until you are full and exercise because it's fun or transportation for you or whatever. Eat more meat and go out for pizza and ice cream once in a while.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatyoudoing View Post
    Thanks, I had a little ice cream last night and feel great. Much happier now that I know that I don't have to be a 100% strict. My parents are now also willing to make a separate paleo dinner for me everynight
    Thats great. Nice to hear your parents are supportive. Have you thought of cooking primal for THEM once in a while?
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12