Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Bread Finally! page

PrimalCrossfit is offline Junior Member

Paleo Bread Finally!

Primal Fuel
    I was on Facebook today and noticed that in May the Julian Bakery is coming out with a paleo bread. I guess it's called The Paleo Bread and it's made out of Almond flour with 9g of protein per slice!! As a personal trainer that is also gluten free I am really excited for this bread to come out. Here is the paleo bread's facebook page: The Paleo Bread - Food/Beverages - La Jolla, CA | Facebook

MattsPaleo is offline Junior Member
    I can't wait for this to come out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalCrossfit View Post
    I was on Facebook today and noticed that in May the Julian Bakery is coming out with a paleo bread. I guess it's called The Paleo Bread and it's made out of Almond flour with 9g of protein per slice!! As a personal trainer that is also gluten free I am really excited for this bread to come out. Here is the paleo bread's facebook page: The Paleo Bread - Food/Beverages - La Jolla, CA | Facebook

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    WOW.

Great shill marketing in dis topic. Or not.

Roach is offline Senior Member
    hahahahahahah

Bread made with almond meal? yuck. If I want to eat bread I'll just eat a bread or just a regular gluten free loaf.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    If I want to eat bread I'll just eat a bread or just a regular gluten free loaf.
    Have you tried gluten free bread? My daughter is a Coeliac and I gave her bread a go once and that was more than enough.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    There is no such thing as paleo bread. There are more nuts in a loaf of that bread than Paleo man would probably eat an a year. Do you know what happens when you grind up nuts and bake them? They're loaded with omega 6, and you denature them when you grind them and then heat them up well past the smoke point of the fats. You're taking in twice as many calories versus normal wheat bread and more oxidized omega 6 than you'd eat in weeks. That's just what I want to put into my body - rancid fat and incomplete proteins in the shape of bread.

Seriously, this is the "paleo" answer to the vegan's "fake meat". I'll say it again - there is no such thing as "paleo bread". I will eat sourdough wheat bread long before I touch that nasty abomination.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    There is no such thing as paleo bread. There are more nuts in a loaf of that bread than Paleo man would probably eat an a year. Do you know what happens when you grind up nuts and bake them? They're loaded with omega 6, and you denature them when you grind them and then heat them up well past the smoke point of the fats. You're taking in twice as many calories versus normal wheat bread and more oxidized omega 6 than you'd eat in weeks. That's just what I want to put into my body - rancid fat and incomplete proteins in the shape of bread.

Seriously, this is the "paleo" answer to the vegan's "fake meat". I'll say it again - there is no such thing as "paleo bread". I will eat sourdough wheat bread long before I touch that nasty abomination.
    Listen to this man. He knows the way.

I can't believe how many desserts are made with almond flour and are touted are healthy. Especially on a particularly lady's 'pantry' website. I mean, COME ON.

*facepalm*
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Mouse is offline Member
    I would have to agree with those who would avoid this product. Society has pressed upon us the idea that we can (and should) "have it all." I'm sorry, but eating paleo or primal means giving up bread (or reserving it for rare, special occasions). Paleo bread is just a pseudo-bread product, not real paleo or primal food.

When I was vegetarian, I rarely ate process soy burgers for the same reason. While I can't say that a bowl of rice and beans is health food by a paleo standpoint (and I don't eat that way now), it is REAL food, not some highly processed attempt to make a fake product to fulfill a psychological need for a burger.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

Hell Yes!

This stuff reminds me of stuff like low fat variants of real foods. If you're going to go on a low fat diet, you can't have Pringles and a Ribeye. If you're going to go on a low carb diet, you can't have candy bars. It's much better to eat trash food that is the real deal on rare occasion than to eat trash food that is faked and covered up on a regular basis.

That said, I understand and appreciate the recipes out there that let people that suffer from something like full blown Celiac Disease get a taste of things they normally couldn't even "cheat" on. But some of this "paleo bread" crazy is over the top. It's like people are eating a sandwich a day worth of the stuff and that's crazy. If you're living a paleo lifestyle. You can't have bread. If you want to put trash bread in yourself on occasion, then for the love of God, eat real bread that actually tastes good.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast