Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Bread Finally! page 8

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    So instead of being mad at Dr. Atkins, we should all be mad at Atkins Corporation?
    Why be mad at anyone? Just say *NO* to frankenfoods and you'll be miles ahead of SADers. Does it really matter who's name is on the label?

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Really? have you ever read Dr. Atkins' books? Or do you really believe that everyone here can afford/has access to grass fed meat and eat it exclusively?
    Back in the 90s. You want to talk about a book that came out in the 70s, fine. But he was still alive when I read his book, and if he didn't agree with the version that came out, he didn't make it public.

Regardless, I didn't stick with Atkins. I stick with paleo. How about that for a primary difference?

Also, when I say "food quality" I don't mean grassfed/wild caught/organic. I mean that paleo emphasizes educating us on lectins, PUFAs, gluten, and all sorts of lovely things. I don't recall Atkins doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Back in the 90s. You want to talk about a book that came out in the 70s, fine. But he was still alive when I read his book, and if he didn't agree with the version that came out, he didn't make it public.

Regardless, I didn't stick with Atkins. I stick with paleo. How about that for a primary difference?
    Whatever works for you~ just saying that Dr. Atkins isn't the devil. And actually, unless you are only eating grass fed/free range/pastured proteins, there's not that big of a difference.
    Also, when I say "food quality" I don't mean grassfed/wild caught/organic. I mean that paleo emphasizes educating us on lectins, PUFAs, gluten, and all sorts of lovely things. I don't recall Atkins doing that.
    We didn't have DNA technology 40 years ago either~ ain't science wonderful?
    Last edited by Nady; 06-04-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Whatever works for you~ just saying that Dr. Atkins isn't the devil.
    When did I say he was? That is: on these forums, in this topic, in response to you?

I pointed out what I feel is the quantifiable difference between Atkins and Paleo, and for me it still comes down to: food quality, as it pertains to eliminating toxins from the diet.

And actually, unless you are only eating grass fed/free range/pastured proteins, there's not that big of a difference.We didn't have DNA technology 40 years ago either~ ain't science wonderful?
    Maybe, but there were inklings that paleo eating was a good idea even back in the 60s.
    The Paleo Diet: Rediscovered

Maybe, but there were inklings that paleo eating was a good idea even back in the 60s.
    The Paleo Diet: Rediscovered
    Very interesting! Looks like Dr. Atkins and Dr. Stillman (Quick Weightloss Diet, 1967) weren't the only 'trailblazers' for the coming LC era~ I wonder how much Dr. Shatin influenced them. Certainly sounds like he was ahead of the times~

Rebecca M. is offline Junior Member
    Julien's Bakery also has a Coconut flour Paleo Bread. I tried it and it was fine.
    It's only 40 calories a slice. Not bad tasting. Very neutral in flavor.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    My Mother in Love saw this Paleo bread and being the sweetheart ordered me up a loaf of it and the Coconut bread. Having it shipped two day to Georgia from good old California. Got to love her for trying....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

choppedliver is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone done blood sugar testing to confirm that they have minimal carbs? Jimmy Moore did some testing on different lower carb brands and found out that they're not as low carb as advertised. Anyone done testing on the new, two Paleo bread types introduced by this bakery? I'm very interested in knowing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca M. View Post
    Julien's Bakery also has a Coconut flour Paleo Bread. I tried it and it was fine.
    It's only 40 calories a slice. Not bad tasting. Very neutral in flavor.

Rebecca M. is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know most of you are against bread in any form, but I did try the Julien's Paleo bread, both the almond and the coconut.
    The almond one was truly awful, but the coconut one is fine. Rather tasteless, 40 calories (not that we're counting) and certainly low on ingredients. Seems pretty pure, if someone just wanted something as a vehicle to put something on. Just saying...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast