Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Bread Finally! page 4

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mmmm that looks divine. Is the sugar added just to add texture? If not, I could totally see myself just using 100% cacao and licking it by the spoonful...and then licking the ramekin XD

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Mmmm that looks divine. Is the sugar added just to add texture? If not, I could totally see myself just using 100% cacao and licking it by the spoonful...and then licking the ramekin XD
    It would add some texture but mostly just sweetness. You could try it without and see how it goes. I prefer not to use white sugar, but my partner likes desserts to have at least some sweet to them, so I'm thinking I will try it with honey and see how that works. I've also been considering putting raspberries in/on it next time. Raspberry and dark chocolate is one of my favourite all-time flavour combinations.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    There is already a paleo bread.

Meat Loaf.
    "...I would do anything for... I would do anything for love.. But I won't do that." Sorry, just had me at Meat Loaf ." All jokes aside, I'll be looking at recipes..
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

MattsPaleo is offline Junior Member
    I got a little more information from the Julian Bakery regarding The Paleo Bread. They said that the Almonds they use are soaked and then skinned which eliminates any sort junk from the Almonds. This also lowers the carbs count and gives the bread a better texture. They said that every slice is not just loaded with Almonds but an equal balance of egg whites, and blanched almonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalCrossfit View Post
    I was on Facebook today and noticed that in May the Julian Bakery is coming out with a paleo bread. I guess it's called The Paleo Bread and it's made out of Almond flour with 9g of protein per slice!! As a personal trainer that is also gluten free I am really excited for this bread to come out. Here is the paleo bread's facebook page: The Paleo Bread - Food/Beverages - La Jolla, CA | Facebook

choppedliver is offline Senior Member
    Cool, I'll go for that. They also have something called zero-carb bread coming in May. I would like to suggest that they get back to the drawing board and start working on something made with tapioca or coconut flour, as some of us suffer from autoimmunity and may react to nut flour and eggs. I'm gonna at least try 1 loaf of Paleo bread to see how it tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by MattsPaleo View Post
    I got a little more information from the Julian Bakery regarding The Paleo Bread. They said that the Almonds they use are soaked and then skinned which eliminates any sort junk from the Almonds. This also lowers the carbs count and gives the bread a better texture. They said that every slice is not just loaded with Almonds but an equal balance of egg whites, and blanched almonds.

Dailytribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    There is no such thing as paleo bread. There are more nuts in a loaf of that bread than Paleo man would probably eat an a year. Do you know what happens when you grind up nuts and bake them? They're loaded with omega 6, and you denature them when you grind them and then heat them up well past the smoke point of the fats. You're taking in twice as many calories versus normal wheat bread and more oxidized omega 6 than you'd eat in weeks. That's just what I want to put into my body - rancid fat and incomplete proteins in the shape of bread.

Seriously, this is the "paleo" answer to the vegan's "fake meat". I'll say it again - there is no such thing as "paleo bread". I will eat sourdough wheat bread long before I touch that nasty abomination.
    Man I was eating a lot of almonds and cashews a few days ago.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dailytribal View Post
    Man I was eating a lot of almonds and cashews a few days ago.
    Cool story, bro.

trixiesticks is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by choppedliver View Post
    Cool, I'll go for that. They also have something called zero-carb bread coming in May. I would like to suggest that they get back to the drawing board and start working on something made with tapioca or coconut flour, as some of us suffer from autoimmunity and may react to nut flour and eggs. I'm gonna at least try 1 loaf of Paleo bread to see how it tastes.
    They actually are launching a "Paleo Bread" made with coconut flour as well and it does not contain almonds.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I used to love bread and the few times I have had wheat flour products since going primal I was like "why the F*ck did I used to eat this stuff?". I can't imagine that fake bread would be anything short of awful in terms of tasting like bread. Bread is a carrier for other foods.

But if it keeps someone from abandoning primal it is probably a good thing. But I think the better idea is to learn to eat without bread- get your sandwich and toast alternatives. You like a BLT? Make a BLT salad. Like burritos? Make a burrito bowl. etc.

I see some of these recipes.... and I just cringe. Just eat real food and if you want a treat, have the real thing on rare occasion- the best version of the real thing- haagen daz, real bread,home made cake, cheesecake.... don't mess around with fakes that probably won't satisfy you anyway.

I always foundwith low fat, that I'd try low fat cookies, be unsatisfied and then go eat the real thing. I'm sure with Paleo Bread it would be the same thing./

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Why bother with paleo bread? Just take the things you were going to put into a sandwich, and eat them out of a bowl instead!

People complain that a healthy diet takes too long to prepare, because they deliberately make life difficult for themselves. Life's too short to spend hours baking weird healthy versions of CW junk.

Why the heck would I crave bread when there exists things like steak, eggs, smoked salmon, avocado, parsnip chips, dark chocolate.... nom nom nom...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast