Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have a shopping addiction? page

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member

Anyone else have a shopping addiction?

Primal Fuel
    I enjoy shopping (man card was just revoked) but sometimes the bug really hits me. I just dropped 1200 bones on clothes and shoes. Man I love Nordstrom...

Martha is offline Senior Member
    I am tragically addicted to Nordstrom's shoe department. Their online selection is just too awesome for words.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Well, guess I shouldn't tell you about my $1700 streak online today at http://www.BostonProper.com and http://www.softsurroundings.com
    What's even crazier is that I didn't buy "fat clothes." I bought my "normal size" -- that I'm going to have to lose 30 lbs. to fit in!
    Maybe it's a sign of confidence? No, it's insane. (but I WILL wear them---one day).

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit no, I cannot relate to that.

There is something about the design of retail environments that drives me insane.
    I literally feel like I have to get out of there after anything longer than 15 minutes.

It doesn't matter if it's the mall or walmart, the whole vibe coming off of those places just rubs me the wrong way.
    I'm sure they are doing everything they can in the world of shoppers psychology to keep you there and spending money, but whatever they are doing seems to have backfired with my psyche.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i have been on a terrible spending spree lately. I feel like i should seek counseling about it. DAMN YOU EBAY, DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    getting my rei rewards didn't help my spending spree either. at least all that was free!!!! i like free.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPrimate View Post
    Holy shit no, I cannot relate to that.

There is something about the design of retail environments that drives me insane.
    I literally feel like I have to get out of there after anything longer than 15 minutes.

It doesn't matter if it's the mall or walmart, the whole vibe coming off of those places just rubs me the wrong way.
    I'm sure they are doing everything they can in the world of shoppers psychology to keep you there and spending money, but whatever they are doing seems to have backfired with my psyche.

I'm right there with you! And I'm a chick... I'm actually "supposed" to enjoy that crap. *shivers*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy food shopping... Any other shopping makes me homicidal though.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Imo it has to do with the gathering instinct. You just gotta find a way to afford stuff uh it's called work. Yeah. I traded clothes at resale last night- $295 in store credit, spent about $200 of it. Enjoyed every minute. Going to gather stuff later on- yeah, I need to.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't shop for leisure. Apart from food shopping, which I enjoy, I only shop when I need new clothes, books or whatever. I find commodity fetishism very boring and crass.

I prefer to do something life-affirming and stimulating in my spare time like visit an art gallery or take a walk in nature.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast