Thread: Chad's Primal Journey page

chadling is offline Junior Member

Chad's Primal Journey

Primal Fuel
    Hello Y'all,

Well, I have to say that I have been a non-participating member of this site for about a year now, as well as a reader of Mark's Primal Blueprint, but was unmotivated and lazy to start a new life. It was last week, when I saw a picture of me at the beach, on a friend's facebook page, that I decided to change my outlook on life, and start the journey of adopting the Paleo lifestyle. I was absolutely horrified to see my picture, as well as knowing his 2,000 friends had the ability to view my pic, for I looked like a pale beached whale. So, last week, I made the decision to re-read, "Primal Blueprint," view Mark's Daily Apple, and decide if I was ready to change, and with all the reading and the "horrid" picture, I have decided to make the change. I will be turning 40 in September, and feel that it is time. While I have had huge fluctuations in the past with my weight, the last five years I have been the heaviest I have ever been. I am just under 6'3", and 308 pounds, while I have been told I carry my weight well, that is just an excuse I have used for years to not get motivated. So far, I have had a healthy medical history, and other than asthma, and lower back and nerve pain, I am healthy, but boy, I do not feel it. My doctor, partner and family have all told me to get motivated, and to their surprise, I am.

Trabuco-20120401-00493.jpgTrabuco-20120401-00495.jpg

The above pictures were taken on 01 April, 2012, the day I decided to start my change to a "Primal Lifestyle."

Name: Chad
    Height: 6'2" (just shy of 6'3"_
    Weight: 308ish
    Waist: depending on the pants, from 44 to 46

While I do not feel that I will have too hard a time with my eating habits, getting myself to move, that is going to be the challenge, so by journey begins.

chadling is offline Junior Member
    Day 05

Breakfast: 4 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and shredded carrots and broccoli
    Lunch: Chicken and vegetable (cabbage, carrots, and broccoli) sans rice and sauce.
    Dinner: Ground turkey, and sausage fried with tomatoes, red bell peppers, green peas, and carrots.
    Snacks: Banana and a square of 85% dark chocolate.

Activity: 1.5 hours of tennis

anastasia is offline Junior Member
    Good luck Chad!