Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Journey (Primal Journal: Rob)

My Journey (Primal Journal: Rob)

Shop Now
    My name is Rob and this is my inital 30 day journal of going primal. I plan to record exercise, food and thoughts of the day.

Comments, questions, support, constructive critcism are welcome and highly encouraged!

Day 1

Exercise:
    ½ mile sprint, push ups/flutterkicks; ½ mile jog, burpees; ½ mile sprints, push ups/flutterkicks; ½ mile jog, burpees

Food:
    breakfast; protein shake with whey protein and keifer
    lunch; chicken and broccoli
    supper; chick filet :-(

Thoughts:
    Pretty good day up until supper. Super excited about this 30 day challenge, and very determined to see it through, reading ch1 of the Primal Blueprint.

Day 2

No exercise, rest day.

Food:
    breakfast; protein shake with whey protein and keifer and blueberries
    lunch; chicken and broccoli and cauliflower
    supper; roast beef with potatoes and carrots.
    Snack; ½ bar of dark chocolate, 70% caco

Thoughts:
    It was a much better day food-wise. Reading ch2 of the Primal Blueprint and feeling really good about my decision. Watched an episode of a show called ‘I, Caveman’ where 10 people try to live 10 days like our paleo ancestors did. The episode I saw, they used an atl-atl to kill an elk for food, so I google-searched atl-atl and now am interested in trying to make one for myself.

I forgot to mention....

I am starting this off weighing in at 253lbs.

Day 3
    Exercise: martial arts class/low level calisthenics
    Food:
    Breakfast – whey protein shake with keifer and strawberries
    Lunch – chicken and broccoli and cauliflower
    Supper – chicken breast and broccoli
    Thoughts:
    Pretty good day over all, feeling optimistic that I can pull this 30 day challenge off. Still reading ch2 of the Primal Blueprint.

Day 4
    Exercise:
    30 min of weights, calisthenics and plyometrics

Food:

Breakfast – whey protein shake with keifer and blueberries

Lunch – chicken and green salad with cranberries, macadamia nuts, shredded cheese, and vinaigrette for dressing.

Supper – chicken and broccoli

Thoughts:
    So far so good! Feeling pretty good, however it’s the weekend and historically weekends don’t go well for me; i.e. I fall off the wagon. I feel like if I can make it past this weekend hurdle I will be doing good, also been wondering when the carb blues/flu is going to set in and how I will do getting over that hurdle. Any suggestions out there???

Day 5

Exercise:
    Played with my kids at the playground and walked a bit

Food:

Breakfast – scrambled eggs with cheese and avocado, nitrate free bacon

Lunch – chicken and macadamia nut/cranberries trail mix

Supper – grass fed ground beef cooked in coconut oil, stir-fry vegetables cooked in coconut oil, onion and mushrooms sautéed in butter, avocado on the side.

Thoughts:
    Feeling REALLY good today! Had a wonderful time at the park with the kids just playing and walking the dog. Seems like my fears for the weekend were unfounded since I am maintaining the discipline to keep on the primal path.

Day 6

Exercise: moved 10 bags of mulch from Lowes to my truck and my truck to the back yard, mowed and weed eated

Food:

Breakfast –eggs fried in butter with shredded cheese and topped with slice of turkey

Lunch – left-overs from last night

Supper – Chicken breast and broccoli

Thoughts: Well the day is done and I am still totally Primal, I survived the weekend! Totally stoked from being able to stick with the Primal path! I weighed myself last night and am down to 246 from 253 after 6 days, simply amazing.

Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    You're going well Rob. As well as weight loss you will see a whole raft of improvements in your general well being, the PB lifestyle makes such a difference.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Day 7

Exercise: mile and a half of telephone pole sprints

Food:

Breakfast – whey protein shake with blueberries and organic milk
    Lunch – leftover chicken and green leafy salad w/ cranberries, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cheese
    Supper – beef burgers (real beef) and potatoes fried in coconut oil

Thoughts: another fabulous day! Pretty proud of myself for maintaining the discipline to stay on the path. I won't weigh myself again til the 21 day mark, and maybe post a before/updated pic.

Thanx for the encouragement Analog6!

Day 8

Exercise: yard work (hoeing and raking mulch)

Food:

Breakfast – whey protein shake with blueberries and organic milk
    Lunch – chicken and green leafy salad w/ cranberries, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cheese
    Supper – steak cooked on butter, sautéed mushrooms and onions, broccoli, and mashed potatoes.

Thoughts: Another successful day! Had a moments weakness when the wife walked in from school with take-out from BK b/c she missed lunch, but I quashed that impulse with the iron fist of discipline and marched on to one more day totally primal.

Day 9

Exercise: ½ mile sprint, calisthenics, ½ mile jog, burpees, ½ mile sprints, calisthenics, ½ mile jog, burpees

Food:

Breakfast – whey protein shake with keifer and blueberries
    Lunch – chicken and green leafy salad w/ cranberries, cilantro, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cheese
    Supper – chicken, that’s it

Thoughts: Almost didn’t work out this morning, but I crushed the impulse to take the easy way out and did my thing; and was glad I did. Another great day overall under my belt; or should I say out from under my belt?

Shop Now
    Day 10

Exercise: took a break

Food:

Breakfast – scrambled eggs and nitrate-free bacon
    Lunch – chicken and broccoli
    Supper – chick filet

Thoughts: Had to run errands in the evening with the family and we ended up getting chick filet. NOT happy about it and wondering on a scale of 1-10 how horrible it was. Oh well tomorrow is another day.