Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Squash in the UK page

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member

Spaghetti Squash in the UK

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know if (and where) you can get spaghetti squash in the UK?

I've been looking but have never found it.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Never found it
    Tempted to try and find seeds for next year (have got butternut seeds for this year)

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Me, too ... likewise, never found it. I am intrigued.

Meanwhile, a cheap julienne slicer from t'internet and I'm making all the vegetable spaghetti I want. Carrot, courgette, cucumber, anything that peels.

Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Meanwhile, a cheap julienne slicer from t'internet and I'm making all the vegetable spaghetti I want. Carrot, courgette, cucumber, anything that peels.
    Sounds cool. I'm always tempted by those spiralisers but they're pretty pricey

mmsantos is offline Senior Member
    I was thinking about this the other day. I've made spaghetti with butternut squash before, and it didn't turn out too bad

TriGirl is offline Member
    Can't find in Denmark as well, but I just use zucchini slices sauteed in some coconut oil instead. Did try the spaghetti squash while I was living in the US and I actually like the zucchini better, it's less sweet.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Im in the UK and Ive been growing my own for years! I also get some from my local market, but its the wrong season at the moment.
    I buy seeds from Sutton seeds or The Organic Gardening Catalogue They grow just as easily as Marrow or Courgettes, (Zucinni to Americans. Sow in April / May and ready in August / September.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    We're moving soon - when we do, I'll be rigging up some planters. This family of foods is one I'll grow. I'm sure I've read that squash vines dug back in are really good for the soil.

shahzadi is offline Junior Member
    Have a look online for Gefu spiraliser spiral food slicer. I bought one, I think I paid 20 including postage, and love it. You can make spaghetti out of courgettes, carrots, cucumber, squash. I still do a lot of raw foods, and a bowl of mixed raw spaghetti is wonderful with dressing, or even with a good meat sauce poured over. I'm always amazed by the way the taste of the veggies changes with the way you slice them; spiralising is no different, I really recommend it. The gadget is stainless steel mostly, and I suspect will last very many years. Shahzadi

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Rattybag - I've got a decent sized roof terrace with some planters so may just give growing my own a go!

Thanks for that also Gefu - I flirted with a mostly raw diet last summer before I went primal and still love my raw veggies. I'll definitely have a look for it.

In the meantime think I'll try using my mandolin to finely slice some courgettes - if I can be bothered I may even cut them into julienne.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast