Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Blood type page

Your thoughts on Blood type

Primal Fuel
    I have noticed that a number of paleo foods still give me a problem. I'm blood type O. I noticed that the foods that are causing me issues are on the blood type o avoid list.

Example of the foods that cause inflammation for me and are on the avoid list:
    Pork
    eggs
    dairy
    avocado
    coconut in all forms
    cauliflower
    cucumber
    yucca
    citrus fruits
    plantain

When I first starting following the paleo diet I did an elimination diet of sorts because I was so ill. I have lots of food allergies, stomache problems, etc...
    I looked into the blood type diet and followed some of the recommendations. I would drink pineapple juice in small amounts because Peter D'Adamo suggested it was helpful in releasing water retention. It worked.

What are your thoughts?

billp is offline Senior Member
    I eat all those things apart from not liking avocado and not knowing what yucca and plantain are. I am pretty sure my blood type is O as well, although I am not completely sure.

andyTHFC is offline Member
    The 'blood-type diet' was brought up on a podcast I just listened to involving Chris Kresser, Robb Wolf and Matt Lalonde. They laughed at the idea. Take that for what it's worth.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I've followed D'Adamo's work from the beginning and it is the original mainstream paleo diet on the market, period. HOWEVER, there are Os on that diet who still defend grains. The diet is about 80-90% correct. I personally have genotyped myself as an O Hunter and use the Hunter food list as one of my main sources of info. But I combine what I've learned from bt with PB laws like walk instead of cardio. I like Jack Kruse's views on aging and carbs etc.

People can laugh all they want but Peter D'Adamo is right about a lot of things- blood type explains why most As don't truly thrive on a high protein meat based diet. I have an A friend who has never thrived on my food.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i'm type O and while i can't take a ton of dairy (gut issues), i feel better with some dairy. i also can tolerate only a few eggs. other than that, i enjoy most other items on the list and have absolutely no issues when i eat them. i personally think the blood type diet is bunk, as it has no true scientific foundation.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i'm type O and while i can't take a ton of dairy (gut issues), i feel better with some dairy. i also can tolerate only a few eggs. other than that, i enjoy most other items on the list and have absolutely no issues when i eat them. i personally think the blood type diet is bunk, as it has no true scientific foundation.
    It is actually totally scientific and has a ton of anecdotal evidence too.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, as a blood type O I eat pretty much everything on your list without issue besides plantains. They are not an issue, they are just not easy to find here. Oh, and yucca because it is just not something I have ever really thought about eating.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    The whole blood type diet thing has been talked about and debunked ad nauseum here. I am sure if you search you can find threads. Assuming you care to read them of course.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquelymade View Post
    I have noticed that a number of paleo foods still give me a problem. I'm blood type O. I noticed that the foods that are causing me issues are on the blood type o avoid list.

Example of the foods that cause inflammation for me and are on the avoid list:
    Pork
    eggs
    dairy
    avocado
    coconut in all forms
    cauliflower
    cucumber
    yucca
    citrus fruits
    plantain

When I first starting following the paleo diet I did an elimination diet of sorts because I was so ill. I have lots of food allergies, stomache problems, etc...
    I looked into the blood type diet and followed some of the recommendations. I would drink pineapple juice in small amounts because Peter D'Adamo suggested it was helpful in releasing water retention. It worked.

What are your thoughts?
    Regardless of whether the blood type theory is true or not, if one notices foods giving them a problem they should probably avoid them. An elimination diet is a good idea for anyone who thinks a food is giving them a problem, so a person can eliminate the foods they think might be giving them trouble and properly reintroduce them to determine if in fact that particular food is a problem.

That is my thought -It doesn't matter if the theory is true, what matters is whether the food is actually problematic.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    It's bunk. Listen to Chris Kresser's podcast on it.

http://chriskresser.com/the-healthy-...de-3-were-back
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast