Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Blood type page 8

The Scientist is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    I follow paleo blood type diet and its right on. Never felt better. I followed Paleo first and just made it slightly tighter by blood typing it. Im an O, and even though they can eat some grains I stay away from them. So I am inline with Paleo and blood type eating. Im sure it will continue to get bashed on here by some, just in the same way that a forum supporting blood type eating would bash paleo. Its the way of the world.

Richard
    If someone makes a set of claims about diet, and thousands of people apply those claims, a certain number of people will respond positively to those claims simply through probability. You are one who happened to respond positively to these absurd claims. I could make up any set of claims I want and it will work for some people. This is entirely different than a set of recommendations working in a manner that is beyond probability. The claims of this diet are so absurd that you should be embarrassed for believing it.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    This is about the most blatant display of BS that I have ever come across, and it has absolutely zero basis in reality. The antigens coded for by the A, B and O alleles have absolutely nothing to do with a person's response to food metabolically of immunologically. Anyone who buys this nonsense need to realize that they lack the basic knowledge about genetics, cell biology, and physiology to evaluate claims like these.
    I'm torn between this thoroughly scientific ripping apart of obvious woo and fiercehunter's convincing plea that "it seriously works, I have this friend..."

Oh wait, no I'm not.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I've had disasterous results from eating grains like wheat and dairy, really think it has to do with my specifc genes.

I have a theory that the Kardashians are likely blood type Os. They are aggressive and just imo look like typical Os. The 3 sisters- Kourtney, Khloe and Kim- all eat pizza regularly and work out. You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.

Attachment 6734
    While its possible there is some correlation between blood types and dietary health, its very unlikely that a specific blood type predetermines who food you can eat.

Your claim that blood type is linked to personality I find quite offensive. Then again I'm probably type A since I'm an asshole.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I was in the worst mood this morning, until I read this thread. Thanks for the laugh, fierce.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

JudyMac is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    With a large set of unfounded predictions (blood type diet), a seemingly random mix of correct and incorrect results is expected. This is about the most blatant display of BS that I have ever come across, and it has absolutely zero basis in reality. The antigens coded for by the A, B and O alleles have absolutely nothing to do with a person's response to food metabolically of immunologically. Anyone who buys this nonsense need to realize that they lack the basic knowledge about genetics, cell biology, and physiology to evaluate claims like these. Either educate yourself, or stop claiming to know what you are talking about.

Also, the term "anecdotal evidence" is next to meaningless. Anecdotes are not evidence and never will be. There is "anecdotal evidence" for the existence of Sasquatch, the accuracy of horoscopes, and for diving spirits of the dead. Choose your sources of evidence wisely.
    I was first referring to my own experience with it. It was right about some foods for me.

As for mentioning Ancel Keyes and his evidence in 1970s, that is documented fact. Scotland and the Scottish race are cited by him as among those for whom HCLF diet may not work. Perhaps you should actually read his papers before commenting. Then you should make fascetious comments to the US Government who endorsed his work and used it to create the abortion that is the present Standard American High Carb Diet.

Whilst blood type is not really relevent, and I did say that, genetics certainly is and your blood type is governed by your genetics.

The end.

thorough scientific ripping apart...never saw one, just a rant.

A scientist would think to themselves: I think this is BS then go and do a study with various people and document the bloodwork results. A scientist would then collate the results to find the truth.

Bad science is a knee jerk reaction

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyMac View Post
    A scientist would think to themselves: I think this is BS then go and do a study with various people and document the bloodwork results.
    If there are known false assumptions apparent in the very hypothesis to be tested, what would be the point?

I was first referring to my own experience with it. It was right about some foods for me.

As for mentioning Ancel Keyes and his evidence in 1970s, that is documented fact. Scotland and the Scottish race are cited by him as among those for whom HCLF diet may not work. Perhaps you should actually read his papers before commenting. Then you should make fascetious comments to the US Government who endorsed his work and used it to create the abortion that is the present Standard American High Carb Diet.

Whilst blood type is not really relevent, and I did say that, genetics certainly is and your blood type is governed by your genetics.

The end.
    I didn't make any comments about the work of Ancel Keys. I was talking about connecting blood type to metabolic health, which has nothing to do with Keys. I really wasn't trying to pick on you. I just used your quote as a lead in to my response.

thorough scientific ripping apart...never saw one, just a rant.

A scientist would think to themselves: I think this is BS then go and do a study with various people and document the bloodwork results. A scientist would then collate the results to find the truth.

Bad science is a knee jerk reaction
    If you knew anything about genetics, you would know that testing this hypothesis is a complete waste of time. There is no such thing as bad science. There is actual science and there is attempted science that fails to meet scientific standards. The blood type diet is neither, in that science is not even attempted. It is simply meaningless drivel on the level of "creation science" or alchemy. If you are not educated in a particular field, you should refrain from making claims about issues that require such an education.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    If there are known false assumptions apparent in the very hypothesis to be tested, what would be the point?
    You know that applies to Paleo/Primal? Most bad scientists have the knee jerk reaction that it would be bad because of fats.

In fact Dr Atkins was brought before a medical board on charges of 'Doing Harm' via his recommended diet. He actually brought 300 medical files with him to the board and showed the blood work results. Based on hard scientific fact the board did not rescind his license to practice medicine...the bloodwork results proved that he had 'done no harm' a major part of the Hippocratic oath.

Now, I personally can see holes in the Adamo blood type idea....especially the lectins. However there are links between disease and blood types. Much of the work on that is being done by Pennsylvania University (USA) and Edinburgh University (UK). The link between food and general illness is also acknowledged, bad diet=ill health.

As a scientist I'd say that his idea needed a full clinical study.
    Why? First we are not talking about Peter Adamo and his spin on things, but his father who saw a physical difference in bloodwork depending on food eaten. This is possible, indeed one of the standard tests on bloodwork is its viscosity. Modern science has moved on since he 'saw' this, we have better analysis now.

It may turn out that the blood type was just a flag, not the cause, or that it is total BS. However to improve our scientific knowledge of how people react to food it would be a study worth doing.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast