Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98

Thread: Your thoughts on Blood type page 6

  1. #51
    fiercehunter's Avatar
    fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the world
    Posts
    1,940
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    you crack me up.
    I quizzed some As on another forum about the need to hunt- they don't need to a lot of them. Eating meat may work for you As but just admit you don't really want to get up off your heiny and go kill something. It's not part of your mindset.

    Gary Taubes, a wrinkled meat lovin blood type A geek:
    Taubes.jpg

  2. #52
    gcbcb's Avatar
    gcbcb is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I quizzed some As on another forum about the need to hunt- they don't need to a lot of them. Eating meat may work for you As but just admit you don't really want to get up off your heiny and go kill something. It's not part of your mindset.

    Gary Taubes, a wrinkled meat lovin blood type A geek:
    Taubes.jpg
    This is maybe the funniest favorite thread ever.

    I'm an O, and I can eat almost all the foods in the initial post. I also hunt, but I feel a little bad every time I kill something. I must be screwed up.

  3. #53
    cantare's Avatar
    cantare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    311
    Another A-positive black swan here...what absolute bosh.

    I wish I understood the credulous eagerness of so many to embrace a lengthy list of dietary strictures or medical advice just because they're a certain blood type, or because they put some iodine on their arm and it faded in under 3 hours, or because that specially shaken bottle of pure homeopathic water has a nice Latin name, or because some ayurvedic woo-master assigned them a 'dosha', etc etc etc.

    Every crude, stupid model someone dreams up to explain the universe will have some congruence with personal experience, just as the proverbial stopped clock is right twice a day. It doesn't make the reasoning any more sound. If elements of it work for you, great--long live empiricism. But a valid theory applies to everyone, not just your version of Gary Taubes and your nutty aunt.

  4. #54
    NWPrimate's Avatar
    NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Change Your Genetic Destiny / The GenoType Diet
    This book is freaktastically good.
    I did read the Blood Type Diet book (I'm type B), and it just didn't ring true to me.
    This is opposed to reading GCBC, Primal Blueprint, Protein Power, etc... where I was struck by how much sense they made.

    I did not read the Genotype book but I did accept your challenge and click the link.
    I read through the different types listed (Hunter, Gatherer, Explorer, Nomad, etc..) and this is just nutty.

    I think you (FierceHunter) get picked on more than you should around here, and even come to your defense on occasion, but this is pushing it. This doctor seems to have decided to trade the rest of his credibility for one more run of book sales.

  5. #55
    fiercehunter's Avatar
    fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the world
    Posts
    1,940
    Gary Taubes, whatta geeeeeek.

    No I don't kill anything personally myself but I do hunt a lot and quite enjoy it. I've had to elminate a lot of the avoids, having eaten them off and of for years with consistent negative effects. Os who eat wheat are aggressive & fat. Os who dairy are clueless stoners almost who don't care what goes on and also are likely fat..... Or at least not really optimal, physically, emotionally, mentally or in any other way.
    If you are an O and believe you are optimal on a lot of dairy and grains more power to you- you go! But when you get arthritis or celiac you will have no one else but yourself to blame, and likely will also be a chubby champ too.

  6. #56
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    No I don't kill anything personally myself but I do hunt a lot and quite enjoy it. .
    So you kind of tag along with those who actually hunt or do you just go out and say, "Ha, found it!" as in like how one scavanger hunts?

  7. #57
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Os who dairy are clueless stoners almost who don't care what goes on and also are likely fat.....
    duuuuuudddeee...i'm sure i'd seem fat to the likes of you, but i assure you, i'm quite a happy, healthy weight.

  8. #58
    paleo-bunny's Avatar
    paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SW England, UK
    Posts
    2,667
    Anyone who's skinny fat is an epic failure on this programme.

    You will die young. There's not a single peer-reviewed scientific study that indicates anything otherwise.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

  9. #59
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Gary Taubes, whatta geeeeeek.

    No I don't kill anything personally myself but I do hunt a lot and quite enjoy it. I've had to elminate a lot of the avoids, having eaten them off and of for years with consistent negative effects. Os who eat wheat are aggressive & fat. Os who dairy are clueless stoners almost who don't care what goes on and also are likely fat..... Or at least not really optimal, physically, emotionally, mentally or in any other way.
    If you are an O and believe you are optimal on a lot of dairy and grains more power to you- you go! But when you get arthritis or celiac you will have no one else but yourself to blame, and likely will also be a chubby champ too.
    Lets see... husband is an O... he is first and foremost NOT a stoner. He doesn't even take pain meds when they are prescribed to him, as they were for a recent knee surgery, because he doesn't like to feel influenced by drugs or alcohol. He occasionally has one or two alcoholic beverages in an evening, but never to the point of being affected. He eats wheat, and is not the least bit aggressive... he is in the normal weight range for his height (as in NOT fat). He drinks about a gallon of milk a week, dose care very much about "what goes on" and again, is not fat. He is one of the most stable people I know, and have ever met, mentally and emotionally.
    ALSO... my husband looks NOTHING like a Kardashian. LOL

    You on the other hand seem to be neither very mentally nor very emotionally stable... so your advice is pretty lame.

    Hunting is not hunting if you have never actually taken an animal, that's called hiking, nature watching, etc... unless you are speaking of hunting out those amazing clothes shopping bargains of course, because THAT totally counts.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  10. #60
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,715
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Anyone who's skinny fat is an epic failure on this programme.

    You will die young. There's not a single peer-reviewed scientific study that indicates anything otherwise.
    This is true... skinny fat people actually have a lower life expectancy and more health issues than moderately overweight people do.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •