Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Blood type page 3

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Given this is the message board for PBP nutrition I would presume most would agree grains are bad for you no matter what.
    Some people on here love their carbs though and not everyone does great on red meat.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Some people on here love their carbs though and not everyone does great on red meat.
    Umm...okay. Lots of carbs that are not grains and lots of proteins that are not red meat. Again, pretty well covered in the PBP.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Umm...okay. Lots of carbs that are not grains and lots of proteins that are not red meat. Again, pretty well covered in the PBP.
    I have a blood type A friend who has acid reflux from eating red meat- just has a totally different diet than me, can eat oat meal for example, and has no celiac like digestive issues.
    It is genetics and while we all do have Grok as an ancestor some of us have much older DNA than others and have to eat a much stricter diet.
    Just like D'Adamo says.

activia is offline Senior Member
    I have a blood type A friend who has acid reflux from eating red meat- just has a totally different diet than me, can eat oat meal for example, and has no celiac like digestive issues.
    It is genetics and while we all do have Grok as an ancestor some of us have much older DNA than others and have to eat a much stricter diet.
    Just like D'Adamo says.
    She might have low stomach acid. There might need to work on fixing her gut actually.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

activia is offline Senior Member
    Just like D'Adamo says.
    You clearly need to listen to that podcast I sent
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I'm have type A blood and the prescribed diet sounds like what I used to eat.

Type A Food List

Recommended: vegetables, seafood, tofu, beans, grains, legumes and fruits
    Not Recommended: meat, dairy products, kidney beans, lima beans and wheat
    Recommended for weight loss: vegetables, pineapples, vegetable oil and soy foods
    That made me sick and I eventually developed an autoimmune condition. I do great eating more meat!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful.
    LOL. Your blood type is a Mendelian trait determined by a few genes out of tens of thousands of active genes in your genotype, of which probably hundreds or thousands interact with digestion and food metabolism. The idea that this stupidly small proportion of your genotype has these rigid and overarching effect on food tolerance is, well, stupid.

I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
    Yes, I can see you just HATE to brag about how advanced you are compared to all of us poor losers...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful.
    LOL. Your blood type is a Mendelian trait determined by a few genes out of tens of thousands of active genes in your genotype, of which probably hundreds or thousands interact with digestion and food metabolism. The idea that this stupidly small proportion of your genotype has these rigid and overarching effect on food tolerance is, well, stupid.

I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
    Yes, I can see you just HATE to brag about how advanced you are compared to all of us poor losers...

Type A Food List

Recommended: vegetables, seafood, tofu, beans, grains, legumes and fruits
    Not Recommended: meat, dairy products, kidney beans, lima beans and wheat
    Recommended for weight loss: vegetables, pineapples, vegetable oil and soy foods
    Seriously? Vegetable oil and tofu and grains, but no meat or wheat? So what did all the type-As eat before the 1900s when vegetable oil was invented and soy spread outside of East Asia? Did they all have autoimmune issues? This diet is so ridiculous...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I've had disasterous results from eating grains like wheat and dairy, really think it has to do with my specifc genes.

I have a theory that the Kardashians are likely blood type Os. They are aggressive and just imo look like typical Os. The 3 sisters- Kourtney, Khloe and Kim- all eat pizza regularly and work out. You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.

Attachment 6734
    I look absolutely NOTHING like the kardashians and I am a type O. Seriously fierce, once in a while you come up with some decent stuff but lately you've gone way off the deep end.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had disasterous results from eating grains like wheat and dairy, really think it has to do with my specifc genes.

I have a theory that the Kardashians are likely blood type Os. They are aggressive and just imo look like typical Os. The 3 sisters- Kourtney, Khloe and Kim- all eat pizza regularly and work out. You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.

Attachment 6734
    I'm very curious by your statement that the Kardashians "look like" typical O's. I couldn't open the pic, but I know what they look like. What are the characteristics that define what typical O's, A's, etc. look like?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast