Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Blood type page 2

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Personally, I think it's ridiculous. For every person who swears it works, there is one that says it doesn't apply to them. For example, everyone in my family is an O, and we all eat foods on the avoid list and are completely fine.

Blood type diet also recommends less meat and more grains for some, so there's that...

Maybe it could have been more applicable several thousand years ago, but I think it is kind if silly for modern humans. Just my opinion tho

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    That is my thought -It doesn't matter if the theory is true, what matters is whether the food is actually problematic.
    Agreed. The problem comes in when someone gets a list first and says "Oh, I have to eliminated A, B, C and D because of my blood type," when really only D is the issue and then so are 5 other foods listed for another blood type which are not eliminated because 'science' says they are fine for whatever blood type the person is.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    The whole blood type diet thing has been talked about and debunked ad nauseum here. I am sure if you search you can find threads. Assuming you care to read them of course.
    Couldn't care less. I've followed it from the beginning and have many years of personal experience and observations. Mark says he doesn't know why dairy doesn't work for some people. But Peter D'Adamo with his genotype system can tell you.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am blood type O, and none of those foods causes any problems for me, though i do not like pork & avocado that much & did not try yucca
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Couldn't care less. I've followed it from the beginning and have many years of personal experience and observations. Mark says he doesn't know why dairy doesn't work for some people. But Peter D'Adamo with his genotype system can tell you.
    Cool. Glad it is working for you. I look at everything as an n=1 experiment. All about finding what works for you. That is why I do not buy into the blood type deal - everyone is not the same just because of their blood type.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Cool. Glad it is working for you. I look at everything as an n=1 experiment. All about finding what works for you. That is why I do not buy into the blood type deal - everyone is not the same just because of their blood type.
    Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful. I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquelymade View Post
    the blood type o avoid list.

Example of the foods that cause inflammation for me and are on the avoid list:
    Pork
    eggs
    dairy
    avocado
    coconut in all forms
    cauliflower
    cucumber
    yucca
    citrus fruits
    plantain
    I am blood type O- and I can eat all these things. I can sometimes have a stomach ache with too much coconut and I'm not a huge fan of cucumber or citrus fruits. I have never tried yucca except to eat actual yucca flowers I've found while hiking.

My guess, not having read the book so it is a complete guess, is that all these items, plus all the items in the other blood type avoid lists, will cause some problems for some people regardless of blood type. All it takes is for one item on his lists to provide the results he says they will to make you think his theories may be right. See how well it worked for fierce?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Most Os have trouble with grains and dairy. Os who say they don't may not really be honest with themselves. There are a group of Os who have the oldest DNA, the Hunter genotype, who absolutely must eat the pure paleo diet to be successful. I am one of those people. I can't tolerate grains or dairy, not in the least. Also, blood type/genotype has helped me get very sophisticated and refined about my food choices. I don't mean to brag but I easily have one of the most sophisticated diets of anyone on here.
    I don't know most Os so can't and don't speak for them. I only know what works for me. I am also very honest with myself. As for sophisticated diets, again, glad it works for you. As I don't give two shits what anyone eats but me (though I do like recipes so rock on with posting those), feel free to brag all you like.

I've had disasterous results from eating grains like wheat and dairy, really think it has to do with my specifc genes.

I have a theory that the Kardashians are likely blood type Os. They are aggressive and just imo look like typical Os. The 3 sisters- Kourtney, Khloe and Kim- all eat pizza regularly and work out. You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.

kim-kardashian-kourtney-pizza-joint-nyc-110810-1-492x408.jpg

You guys can all laugh I don't care but really- grains are so bad for you if you have this blood type, period.
    Given this is the message board for PBP nutrition I would presume most would agree grains are bad for you no matter what.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast