Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga, anyone? page

BeeKaly is offline Junior Member

Yoga, anyone?

Hey Everyone,

So I just committed to go fully Primal, my first day was yesterday!

I am interested in how many of you Blueprinter's practice yoga, and if so, how many of you consider it your move slow aspect of your Fitness routing, or do you do more vigorous types of yoga and consider it as a WOD.

I like Power Yoga, which incorporates a lot of body weight training, as well as relaxing aspects.

Just curious if there are any other Primal Yogi's and how you incorporate it into your daily life!

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    I practice Iyengar yoga.
    I also do kettle bells and heavy weights and i consider them my LHT workout.
    My yoga is more for the body mind aspect.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    It is not the main focus of my workouts but I incorporate it every week or so.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I love yoga and count as both play and moving slowly. Depending on the class, it can be considered LHT as well. Anyone who would argue otherwise hasn't really had to feel the wrath that certain forms of yoga can deliver!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I do about 10 minutes of yoga poses about 4 times a week. Nothing too fancy, as I have hypermobile joints.

I consider it meditation/play.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I did a little bit of Bethenny Frankel Skinnygirl Yoga early this year. Eh, it's OK.

BeeKaly is offline Junior Member
    Sohpie: Couldn't agree more, some forms of yoga that incorporate lifts and inversions are INTENSE. I know the importance of Lifting Heavy and Sprinting too, but I definitely love me some yoga

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally do Ashtanga yoga; I see it as low intensity work - but it really depends on what shape YOU are in.

Yoga, for me, is an addition to my training; not something I see as a workout in itself.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I love yoga - it's one of the best bodyweight forms of exercises there is.

Those who scoff at it have either never tried it, or haven't tried it properly. It is far from easy and my muscles always know about it the next day.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do Ashtanga Yoga twice a week, I practice for stress relief and meditative benefits and just because I like it

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast