Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Yoga, anyone? page 5

Vanbiesbrouck is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Conway View Post
    Classes are good but I also use the Giggs (Welsh footballer) yoga dvd at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Had NO clue Ryan giggs had a yoga DVD. Is it the fitness DVD or a specific yoga based one? Love this! How do you like it?
    Ditto, never heard of that, that's awesome. His career has lasted about 6 years longer than expected, perhaps that is why.

Yoga is pretty good. It's something even those with a lot of weight to lose can get into easily, and when done first thing in the morning can definitely pick you up and get you going. For whatever reason (probably the low level endorphin rush), you feel better after doing it, and that is not a bad thing. I try to do 30 mins in the morning, and even if it isn't 30 minutes of climbing everest, it's 30mins I'm not in bed or on the couch; can't be all bad.

Now, if there was a shaquille o'neal yoga DVD, I'd buy that. He's hilarious.

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    After getting into a more consistent yoga schedule, I am really starting to see gains in strength and flexibility. I am looking more toned all over. It is something I have started to look forward to doing regularly.

mzteaze is offline Junior Member
    Still loving my yoga. I want to go tonight as well.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Had NO clue Ryan giggs had a yoga DVD. Is it the fitness DVD or a specific yoga based one? Love this! How do you like it?
    Yeah it's good, it has a warm up, main circuit and a bonus section. It's called Giggs Fitness but it's completely yoga based. As a newbie it takes a few watches to work out the movements but once you've got the hang of it its good fun. Would recommend it although Giggs unfortunately has zero personality :-)

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Anyone doing DDPYoga?

And Zoebird, any DVD suggestions for someone new to yoga and not athletic?

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Kerry,

Main thing is to go to the library and check out as many as you can and see.

Other options include a subscription to YogaGlo where you can download a class per day (or week or whatever subscription you get).

Best option is to go to a studio and take at least one class a week. Nothing beats real instruction.

Yoga Luv is offline Junior Member

Yes to Power Yoga!

Power Yoga is one of the best forms of yoga in my opinion. You get strength, flexibility, a heart rate increase, and a great sweat.

Check out Mark Gonzales's power yoga videos. His style is unique, a great flow, and his videos are great quality/easy to follow. He creates such a great workout experience. Check him out if you can!

Power Yoga with Mark Gonzales on Vimeo

Doyl is offline Junior Member
    Hi BeeKaly,
    I do Bikram yoga daily and found great to lose weight and increase energy level. Bikram yoga increase flexibility, improve muscle tone and increase concentration. Bikram yoga lowers high blood pressure, stimulates the thyroid gland, pituitary gland and digestive system.

tamingof is offline Junior Member
    I am also in love with my yoga practice! I have EDS (hyper-mobile joints), plus I've had knee surgery, and the physical alignment I get from my practice is amazing. My teacher and I have been working on correct shoulder and neck (no more hunching), and on correct pelvis (no more curve in the lower back or tilt from carrying my tool on one side) alignment recently. He says to think of it as if you were simply stacking your bones on top of your bones, which I think is a fantastic visual and forces you to stop thinking about the stretch and start thinking deeper.

Also, the Yoga Journal website, Yoga Journal: Yoga Poses, Classes, Meditation, and Life - On and Off the Mat - Namaste , is a really great resource. I particularly like the Basics section because they give lots of good modifications to poses, and sequences to help you work towards being able to do the harder poses. The site has a sequence builder and suggestions for therapeutic routines as well.

Bowen is offline Junior Member
    Hi friends !!! I love yoga ... Yoga is very beneficial for everyone... If you will do this pranayam daily you will not only improve what you have mentioned above but you will feel light weight, you body will come in level, your mind will get fresh, your hear will became problem free and many more...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast