Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoga, anyone? page 2

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I do yoga several times a week for flexibility (I'm a rec league hockey goalie). I don't consider it much of anything. I suppose it could be move slowly, but that's about it.

BeeKaly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spuggygirl View Post
    I love yoga - it's one of the best bodyweight forms of exercises there is.

Those who scoff at it have either never tried it, or haven't tried it properly. It is far from easy and my muscles always know about it the next day.
    Exactly! A good Bikram class, Power class, or even yin yoga, will more than kick your ass if you do it right

WarlordBlade is offline Senior Member
    If I didn't do yoga I couldn't do a lot of the other things I do.

I hurt my shoulder about 10 years ago in a freak arm wrestling accident. The Freak was my ridiculously muscular brother in law accidentally popping my shoulder way out because he wasn't beating me as fast as he wanted

Anyway as I've done yoga over the past few years it has made it so I can actually use that shoulder. If I miss for too long I start getting major pain again - so I make sure I keep it up. Plus I LOVE arm balance poses
    ~It's All Relative!~
    34 - 5'11" CW - 159 GW - 175 10% BF or less!

Primal Journal
    Fitness Blog - Instagram
    Join me on Fitocracy

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yup. i teach it too.

today i taught fertility yoga, gentle yoga (yin), power yoga, power yoga basics, and a private lesson.

Mogs is offline Junior Member
    I love yoga. I moonlight as an instructor, but am dedicated to my own personal practice as well. I do powerlifting twice a week though, and while yoga can be very physically taxing, the weightlifting is my LHT.

mthornton99 is offline Junior Member
    I like to do it occasionally for flexibility and balance. Yoga is funny in that I don't get out of breath or feel like I am straining all that hard(except certain poses/moves) but I will usually work up a rather heavy sweat. It is relaxing exercise and has it's benefits. Mostly flexibility and balance for me.

sugarcrystal8 is offline Member
    Totally agree! I hadn't been working out and had about 40 pounds to lose and yoga kicked my butt. I do a vinyasa flow and bikram style. Both are hot style classes through CorePower. My body sings with soreness the following day! I still incorporate kettlebell training twice a week but if i miss it I know I get enough strength training from yoga. Plus the mental and flexibility benefits are added on top of that. I will probably continue the rest of my life. Oh and i burn like 600 calories in an hour class because its intense.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I practice and teach Moksha, a style of hot yoga. I consider it play, although the practice is legitimately strength-building in a serious way. I powerlift 3x a week, run, cycle, and do HIIT, and I truly think yoga is what allows me to make quick gains injury-free. More than that, it's a powerful mental practice. I'm nonreligious, and I always tell people that yoga is my version of prayer.

"Bethenny Frankel Skinnygirl Yoga"--I have no idea what this is, but it's not yoga. The notion of yoga being named "Skinnygirl" literally turns my stomach.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I"Bethenny Frankel Skinnygirl Yoga"--I have no idea what this is, but it's not yoga. The notion of yoga being named "Skinnygirl" literally turns my stomach.
    I second this. All the crap she peddles makes me wanna barf.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I've neer even heard of that BF SKinnygirl Yoga."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast