Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Long-term" effects of Primal Diet page 5

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Personally, I'd rather have a short life and feel great than a long, miserable life full of illness and disease.

In almost every population, obesity and disease have only become an issue when their natural, historical diet has moved towards the SAD. In the US (and the UK) the natural, historical diet was primarily meat and vegetables. Of course until the industrial revolution when grains, sugar and convenience food began to become available - so we're no different.

I'm far from an expert, but in my novices view, there is likely some kind of genetic reason that asians do well on a diet high in rice - it is ancestral. There's no guarantee that someone from the US or the UK would do equally well on the same diet.

I reckon stick with your own ancestral diet if you want optimum health and let longevity look after itself.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    How do you feel? Have you had blood work done? If so, how are your #s ie body fat %, HDL/LDL, triglycerides, fasting glucose etc. Some paleo proponents like Jack Kruse this eating lower carb has an anti aging effect on the body through preserving telomere length.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    How do you feel? Have you had blood work done? If so, how are your #s ie body fat %, HDL/LDL, triglycerides, fasting glucose etc. Some paleo proponents like Jack Kruse this eating lower carb has an anti aging effect on the body through preserving telomere length.
    You can actually get that by introducing Intermittent Fasting as Mark posted this week
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Carolina6688 is offline Junior Member
    What you're missing is the fact that not all paleolithic humans died young. Many survived past the age of 30. The ones that made it to old age do not show the signs of modern disease. Therefore, no risk.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    In terms of centurians I'm more moved by the social structures that enable higher concentrations of these people. Eating primal/paleo creates an environment conducive to aging without promoting degenerative disease, but there is that something extra that the extra long lived enjoy. In my opinion its purpose. These people are afforded high social status, sense of community, and purpose.

I think you're getting too hung up on...well, everything. If eating primal makes you feel good, do it until it stops feeling good. And why do you have a goal of living to 100? I want to live until I'm of no use to anyone, especially myself, then I want to drop dead. I want my family to dig a small hole and roll me off into it, then say "Hey, I've got some ribs in the fridge, y'all wanna have a BBQ?"

Voyageur is offline Senior Member

Live long. Drop dead.

Some people are wound too tight for living.

Relax. Eat. Enjoy life.

-Voyageur

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post

Live long. Drop dead.

Some people are wound too tight for living.

Relax. Eat. Enjoy life.

-Voyageur

As Jimmy Buffett once said, "I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."

ASC
    ASC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Yes, I have had blood work done. My blood test results below:
    •Cholesterol:243
    •Triglyceride:44
    •HDL:78
    •Low density lipoprotein calculated:156

•Glucose, fasting:103

I'm guessing my body fat is around 10% because my abs are slightly visable. But I really have no accurate way to measure.

More details about my diet and blood work in this post: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread49711.html

ASC
    ASC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina6688 View Post
    What you're missing is the fact that not all paleolithic humans died young. Many survived past the age of 30. The ones that made it to old age do not show the signs of modern disease. Therefore, no risk.
    Can you site sources of information regarding paleolithic humus who live to older ages with no signs of modern disease? I have not been able to find much.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast