Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: "Long-term" effects of Primal Diet page 11

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi TerryH,

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. It was more for the comedy than anything else.
    You may have seen my postings another thread that mention how the majority of my extended family (parents, grandparents etc..) don't believe in evolution for religious reasons so I can relate on some level.

They are smart and rational people, so please don't take it as though I'm calling you an idiot.
    In my opinion they are just making a choice not to take a close look at certain information because it confronts their belief structures, which can be a very hard and painful thing to do.

Because I'm human, I'm sure that there are things that I believe that are flat out wrong, but trying to find those in yourself is a very difficult thing to do.

Again, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. It was just some comedy for those that found it funny, and considering that this kind of an evolutionary based community (hence your default avatar), it seemed appropriate. My apologies if anyone found it offensive.
    Last edited by NWPrimate; 04-08-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: accidentally wrote "today" instead of "to do"

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    No worries. I read all of your posts and consider them very much worthwhile.

adr617 is offline Member
    Eh. I know that none of us are ever going to agree on EVERYTHING. It seems like we can agree that the principles of the diet are good & that's what matters most here. I didn't mean to start anything with my previous statement... just speaking my experience
    Began Primal 3/26/12

Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

CW: 128

Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    I hope you'll continue. Best wishes.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not to turn religious here because that's probably a stupid place to take this forum, but as an interesting point of view, and from a biblical standpoint, I can see how paleo makes sense. Adam and Eve didn't mill grains in the Garden of Eden. They ate animals and vegetables. After getting the boot, you can read in Genesis 3:19, "You will have to work hard and sweat to make the soil produce anything, until you go back to the soil from which you were formed. You were made from soil, and you will become soil again." In other words, the advent of agriculture is arguably viewed as a curse, for whatever fill in the blank reasons you might want to apply.

There are other verses that make paleoish statements:
    Nehamiah 8:10, "Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet drink, and send portions to him for whom nothing is prepared...."
    Proverbs 25:16, "Have you found honey [sugar]? Eat only as much as is sufficient for you, lest, being filled with it, you vomit it."

Take a read at Ezekiel Chapter 4 sometime. It's quite interesting. To give cliff notes, you have a bunch of people that are cursed, and as a punishment are forced to make bread in order to survive for 390 days. They were to weigh their food, measure their water and consume it at the same times every day on a schedule (sound familiar?). They were also required to bake their bread with dung....arguably the same adjective used to describe the crap (rimshot) in processed breads.

Of course, unleavened bread was different from what we see on shelves today.

Despite all that, I wouldn't look to a diet book for religion so the inverse probably applies too!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011