Thread: Fast to get started again? page

fusioncom is offline Junior Member

Fast to get started again?

Primal Fuel
    I was eating paleo, my mother passed away and food was provided by friends/family. So Paleo food was out last week.
    A good deal of wheat, sugar, etc ended back in my diet last week.

I was considering Fasting for a minimum of 24 hours, Black Coffee, Tea, and Water only...to help kick things back off.

Is this a good idea, or just a waste?

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fusioncom View Post
    I was eating paleo, my mother passed away and food was provided by friends/family. So Paleo food was out last week.
    A good deal of wheat, sugar, etc ended back in my diet last week.

I was considering Fasting for a minimum of 24 hours, Black Coffee, Tea, and Water only...to help kick things back off.

Is this a good idea, or just a waste?
    Last week I had two days of very non-primal eating, and did a 36 hour fast after that. It completely killed any urge to binge and reset my mind back into my normal eating routine. You could always try it and see how you feel.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Either way. Sometimes my stomach is bloated enough to not wanna eat for a whole day after eating crap. If not just make your next meal Primal and move on from there.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure why people feel they have to fast after going off track. I would think it would be harder to fast if you have been nourishing your body poorly for several days. I'd get back on primal eating first and then add IF back into your routine. If you're genuinely not hungry, then sure, fast, but you don't have to do some sort of purge or penance just because you ate some non-paleo foods.

Also, adding a stressor while you are already grieving a death is probably not a good idea. Fasting is good when your day-to-day cortisol levels are reasonable, but if you're already dealing with the loss of a parent, you want to be as gentle with your body as possible.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I'm not sure why people feel they have to fast after going off track. I would think it would be harder to fast if you have been nourishing your body poorly for several days. I'd get back on primal eating first and then add IF back into your routine. If you're genuinely not hungry, then sure, fast, but you don't have to do some sort of purge or penance just because you ate some non-paleo foods.

Also, adding a stressor while you are already grieving a death is probably not a good idea. Fasting is good when your day-to-day cortisol levels are reasonable, but if you're already dealing with the loss of a parent, you want to be as gentle with your body as possible.
    Generally, fasting is helpful for healing. I started primal after a 24hr fast, and it worked well for me.

I do agree about the cortisol thing though- don't be so committed to it that you suffer. If you start feeling really stressed, go ahead and break the fast.