Thread: No-bake chocolate slice page

Staranise is offline Junior Member

Smile No-bake chocolate slice

Shop Now
    Hi Everyone,

I am new around here but have been trying to live primal for the last couple of months. Anyway I thought I would share a recipe for chocolate slice that I make for my son.

Chocolate slice

1Cish Whole nuts (I usually use Almonds and Macadamias)
    10-20 Medjool dates
    Raw cocoa powder to taste
    Unsweetened shredded coconut to taste
    3+ big spoonfuls of Coconut oil

I usually play fast and loose with the amounts in this recipe since the most important thing is the consistency. First throw enough nuts in the bottom of your food processor to cover the bottom then grind them up to a consistency you like. Put the nuts aside. Next put as many dates in the processor as you like (remember to pit them first!) and blend them until they form a ball. Tip the nuts back in and add the cocoa powder, shredded coconut and coconut oil and blend until everything comes together. You know that you have the right consistency when you can form a ball of the mixture in your hand. I always taste test this to make sure that it is chocolatey enough . If you use fewer dates you will need more coconut oil to help hold it all together. When you are happy with the mix spread it out in a tray and pop it in the fridge to set.

This is awesome fuel for a very energetic toddler boy and I enjoy a small square every now and then too!

Cheerio
    Jess

Thanks for this recipe! I have an energetic toddler boy, too, and I think he would love these!

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Ooooh, lots of healthy goodness in there! Looks like good con/faire food.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    I made these this weekend and my uber picky 5 yr old LOVES them! Thanks for the recipe!
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160